Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Stuff to make you think
11/27/2013 1:29:46 AM
Hi Roger,

You are so right this does make you think.

This is just 3 that we know of now, but how many more people are living horrid lives!
After being abused and who knows what else, it sure would take a long time and a lot rehab to get these folks back to normal. Or, what is normal for them. Could you ever remember how things were before you were abducted. How is their thinking, can they think properly?
I think you would feel like being in a fog.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2013 8:16:17 PM

Yes Myrna.

Life just passed these folk by.

Their captors deserve to loose their freedom in return.

Roger

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2013 8:02:14 PM

21st Century Slavery

Stepping into the lives of men and women who until recently were slaves demands the softest of treads.

The experience of being enslaved - forced to work for no pay, often under the threat of violence and with no hope of escape, burns deep and leaves wounds which take a long time to heal.

Food Chain Slaves. It is a nation built on the abolition of slavery, but there are at least 40,000 slaves in the US today. In the opening episode of Slavery: A 21st Century Evil, Al Jazeera's Rageh Omaar investigates food chain slavery in the US.

Sex slaves. There are an estimated 1.4 million sex slaves in the world today and international trafficking is on the rise.

Bonded Slaves. It is a form of slavery that is passed down from one generation to the next, enslaving millions.

Child Slaves. There are at least 8.4 million child slaves in the world today, many of them held as forced labour.

Charcoal Slaves. Poverty-stricken men from the north of Brazil are often lured to remote camps where they are used as slave labour.

Bridal Slaves. In the midst of widespread poverty, fueled by economic inequality and rampant corruption, a new form of slavery - bridal slavery - has flourished in India. Women and young girls are sold for as little as $120 to men who often abuse them.

Prison Slaves. Over the past 20 years China has become the world's biggest exporter of consumer goods. But behind this apparent success story is a dark secret - millions of men and women locked up in prisons and forced into intensive manual labour.

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2013 9:51:59 PM
Yes Roger this makes one think. Also it makes me so thankful, that I haven't ever had to live or work under these conditions.
Yes and there are slaves that no one knows about also. I do count my blessings and pray that someday soon this will be over for everyone. Here is an angel to watch over them all.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2013 9:56:49 PM

So atrocious that there is still slavery in the world. I too pray God for it to cease once and for all and in all its modes.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!