Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Broccoli and Everything Salad
2/13/2011 5:20:55 AM
Hi Donna and Phil.

About substitute sweetners. Please look at this from Dr Mercola. I love this guy, have been reading his stuff for several years. I have been wanting to tell you about Splenda for so long, but now is a good time.

Hope this is helpful.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2011 5:37:02 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for the Information. It's always interesting to read other Opinions. I've read both good and bad about "Dr." Mercola. Personally, I've been using Splenda ever since it first came out, and I've never experienced any real problems.

Truth be told, I prefer using Honey whenever possible, however, it's getting harder and harder to get the Natural Honey without Sugar having been added, and also, locally at least, many Hives have been dying out.

Thanks Again My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2011 9:34:20 PM

Hi Donna,

Seems like we got started with a Broccoli Salad, so here's another that I like. This is a great tasting salad that is easy to prepare. The main ingredients of lettuce, broccoli and bacon are normally on hand.

Farmer's Salad

Ingredients

• 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 head fresh broccoli florets
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
  • 1 pound bacon

Directions

1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, measure out 1 cup and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and broccoli.
  3. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the salad dressing, sugar and vinegar.
  4. Pour dressing over lettuce mixture and toss evenly to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.

Have A Happy Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2011 2:53:37 AM
I would use this recipe Phil but would use low fat mayo and cut the sugar down. Looks YUMMY !!!!

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2011 4:43:22 PM

Hi Pat,

Glad you liked the recipe my Friend. To be perfectly honest with you, I personally use Miracle Whip instead of Mayo and Splenda instead of sugar. However, some people seem to have a problem with Splenda, so I just go ahead and list Sugar in the recipes.

Have A Terrific Weekend My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!