Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Broccoli and Everything Salad
1/14/2011 12:42:21 AM

My friend Phil,

ALL of those recipes sound tasty enough to try. Yes, I am trying to add more fiber to my diet. I like beans, veggies, and fruit so recipes featuring those ingredients are right on the mark. Now I will have to copy them and remember where I put them!

I find that if I just look through several recipes and pick one I want to try, I can make my grocery list right then so I have everything I need. Otherwise I will not have an ingredient here or there and not try the recipes. In other words, I need to get more organized!

DonnaZ

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 12:48:28 AM
Hi Donna and Phil, I will try these recipes too because I am trying to increase fiber in my diet. Thanks for these suggestions to stay healthy and eat right. Cheers! LaNell
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 12:55:10 AM

I am so glad you stopped by LaNell. Don't be a stranger around here. We love sharing recipes. Let us know if you have any favorites.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 5:19:35 AM

Hi Donna,

Glad that you're finding some useful recipes. Hi LaNell, it's great to see the smiling face of a Great Friend here, especially one that likes good food and likes to share. We have fun, and sometimes we can pick up quite a few healthy eating tips as well.

For example, as you might know, I have been told to watch my Sugar intake, so I have been using a lot of Splenda and Truvia lately. Here's a delightful Salad from my Splenda Recipe files. The aromatic salad greens and succulent shrimp drizzled with a zesty-sweet dressing make this quite a refreshing salad. I'm afraid that there's no picture, but trust me, it's a Keeper!

Lemon Glazed Jumbo Shrimp Salad

INGREDIENTS

• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • ½ cup fresh lemon juice
  • ½ cup cider vinegar
  • ½ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 jalapeno - trimmed, seeded and thinly sliced
  • 2 cups baby arugula leaves
  • ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
  • ½ cup thinly sliced mango
  • 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat; add shrimp and cook 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Using tongs, transfer shrimp to a plate. Add vinegar, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, crushed red pepper, and jalapeno; bring to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes or reduced by half then remove from heat and set aside.

2. Place arugula, red pepper, mango in a large bowl; toss gently with some of the dressing and season to taste.

3. Divide arugula mixture among 4 serving plates; top each salad with two shrimp and drizzle evenly with the warm vinegar mixture.

Have A Great Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/15/2011 12:05:32 AM

Sounds good, Phil.

How do those sweeteners work out in cooking, similar to using sugar?

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!