Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Let's All Take A Little Time To Say "Thank's Dad"
6/16/2010 8:43:57 PM
Quote:

Hi Myrna,

Thanks so much for stopping back by and Thanks for the Comments. Yes, my Sister was also very much a Daddy's girl, and Father's Day is often times quite difficult for her.

In the Tradition of our Native American Brothers & Sisters...

Happy Father's Day,

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Yes the Great Spirit is my father.

And I was daddy's girl that is for sure, but I have never been able to fill his shoes.

Hugs and blessings,
Myrna

HAVE A WONDERFUL FATHERS DAY
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2010 12:49:16 AM

Hi Myrna,

I'm so happy you stopped back by and I'm glad the Graphic came through OK. I've still got a picture somewhere in the files that shows my Brother & Sister, who were twins, trying to walk in Daddy's shoes back when they were young. That Graphic is one of my favorites and always makes me smile with good memories.

Today nearly 100 years have elapsed since the first Father's Day was celebrated. Fathers of 1900 didn't have it nearly as good as fathers of today; but they did have a few advantages: How about a Humorous look back to the Good Ole' Days...

In 1900, fathers prayed their children would learn English. Today, fathers pray their children will speak English.

In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses. Today, it's the size of his minivan.

In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success. Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.

In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived. Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure film is in the video camera.

In 1900, fathers passed on clothing to their sons. Today, kids wouldn't touch Dad's clothes if they were sliding naked down an icicle.

In 1900, fathers could count on children to join the family business. Today, fathers pray their kids will soon come home from college long enough to teach them how to work the computer and set the VCR.

In 1900, a father smoked a pipe. If he tries that today, he gets sent outside after a lecture on throat cancer.

In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school."
Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for baseball practice."

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table.
Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at baseball, Cindy's at gymnastics, I'm at adult-Ed, Pizza in fridge."

In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing in a stream. Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE.

Have A Happy Father's Day My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2010 5:39:16 AM

There is no cure for birth and death, save to enjoy the interval.

- George Santayana

j0428662.jpg Summer Fun image by steampunklibrarian

Sometimes you gotta get wet to celebrate with gusto!

-Cheryl Ellen Baxter

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY PHIL AND ALL THE DADS AT ADLAND!

ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY!

Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/20/2010 2:44:11 AM

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." -- Unknown

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks so much for coming by to join in our Celebration honoring all of the Adland Fathers. I appreciate your Comments and your Support.

Dad, You Taught Me How To Love You

You taught me how to love you
By the way that you loved me;
And by your unseen sustenance,
To see what you could see.

You gave to me through who you were
The gift of what I am.
Your pride in me is now my pride;
Your faith, my caravan.

Your life did not conclude with death,
Nor will it end with mine,
For all the lives I touch, you touch,
And so on through all time.

Father's Day Prayer

Let us praise those fathers who have striven to balance the demands of work, marriage, and children with an honest awareness of both joy and sacrifice. Let us praise those fathers who, lacking a good model for a father, have worked to become a good father.

Let us praise those fathers who by their own account were not always there for their children, but who continue to offer those children, now grown, their love and support. Let us pray for those fathers who have been wounded by the neglect and hostility of their children.

Let us praise those fathers who, despite divorce, have remained in their children's lives. Let us praise those fathers whose children are adopted, and whose love and support has offered healing.

Let us praise those fathers who, as stepfathers, freely choose the obligation of fatherhood and earned their step children's love and respect. Let us praise those fathers who have lost a child to death, and continue to hold the child in their heart.

Let us praise those men who have no children, but cherish the next generation as if they were their own.

Let us praise those men who have "fathered" us in their role as mentors and guides.

Let us praise those men who are about to become fathers; may they openly delight in their children.

And finally, let us praise those fathers who have died, but who still live on in our memory and whose love continues to nurture us.

Thanks To Kirk Loadman

Have A Blessed & Happy Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/20/2010 9:17:30 PM

"Dad, you were always someone to look up to, no matter how tall I'd grown." ~Author Unknown

Hello My Friends,

Well the Big Day is finally here, so to all of you Dads, Stepdads, and Granddads out there,

Here's a special little Poem for all those truly Special Men who've nurtured and protected us over the years...

To My "Special" Dad

My Dad was very special,
He wasn't just a Dad, but also a friend;
For he knew where there was a difference,
Where one should start, and the other must end.

He was my Dad when I needed real guidance,
But then when I needed a pal for a while,
He'd be right there in each situation,
And not with just concern, but also with a smile.

Kids need someone just like that,
To help them to draw that line,
Between what is right and wrong.
Sometimes the difference's hard to define.

So I'd like to thank my Dad for always being there,
For helping me along each step of the way.
And to all of the Dads who stand by their kids,
May God bless you this Father's Day.
Have A Blessed & Happy Father's Day My Friends,
Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!