Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Let's All Take A Little Time To Say "Thank's Dad"
6/13/2010 4:23:45 PM

Hello My Friends,

Father's Day is almost here. Just a week from today, on June 20th, we will have a chance to say Thanks to the man who helped to shape our lives, and who helped to set us on the right path along life's journey. In my own case, my father here on Earth, has gone on to be with my Father up in Heaven. I miss him each and every day, and you best believe that not a day goes by without my saying Thanks Dad, I appreciate all you did.

I just thought that we all would like the chance to say, Thank's Dad!

Father’s Day is celebrated generally on the third Sunday of June, in order to compliment Mother’s Day. However,many ancient traces of celebrating Father’s Day can be found. According to some scholars, the importance of Father’s Day can be found even in ancient Babylon. Around 4000 years age, Elmesu, a youngster, first carved a message on a card made of clay for his father whishing him long life and good health. Though there are no records about what happened to them, it's thought by many that the Babylonians celebrated a day privately reserved for their fathers.

Later, the concept gained momentum on June 19th, 1910 in Spokane, Washington when Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd initialized the concept after attending a Mother’s Day service. She wanted to honor her father William Smart, who was a Civil War veteran and raised his six children after his wife’s death.

Over the years, the celebration of Father’s Day has gained popularity. The good spirit of the holiday is spread all over the world, though the dates might be different. It is an opportunity children everywhere to stop, and show thanks to their fathers, and to let them know how important they are in their lives. A Rose is the official flower for Father’s Day. Red Roses are worn to honor those fathers who are still alive, while a White Rose is worn to honor those fathers who have passed away. As I say, Father's Day is celebrated in many other countries, as well as in the United States.

Father’s Day in the United States of America:

In the USA Father’s Day has gotten official acceptance as a celebration of the togetherness of fathers with their children. According to the historians, it was the President of Chicago branch of Lion’s Club, Harry Meek, who first started the observance of Father’s Day. On this day people bestow their fathers with gifts and treats and make them feel special and loved.

Father’s Day in the United Kingdom:

Father’s Day is celebrated all over the United Kingdom with pomp and grandeur. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of June and the day is special not just for fathers, but also the father-figures like grandpas, father-in-laws, etc. People gift their fathers with expensive items and treating them in lavish restaurants. Many social communities organize small get togethers. Chocolates and greeting cards are the most popular gift items.

Father’s Day in Australia:

As with the other parts of the world, in Australia, Father’s Day is celebrated to bestow the love and care by the children to their fathers. Though it is not a public holiday, still children find time to visit their father on this day, making it a private affair.

God Made Fathers

Over the years
As we grow old,
We remember our father
So brave and so bold.

Though he was sometimes very tired,
And had to stop to wipe his brow,
He always had time to listen to me;
I can still see him now.

He would give me advice
And he always understood,
He was always there
To teach me what was good.

You see, God made fathers
To be strong and firm,
For He knew that in our lives
We would have great concerns.

So He gave us fathers
To teach us to pray,
And guide our lives,
And to show us along the way.

So on his day
Let's all take the time
To say 'Thanks, Dad.
I'm so glad that you were mine.'

God Bless You All & Happy Father's Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Marion White

67 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Let's All Take A Little Time To Say "Thank's Dad"
6/13/2010 4:48:40 PM

When a child is missing, everyone must know.

A child is reported missing every 6 seconds. This is a worldwide issue. There is now an instant alert
system for missing children that operates without borders.

To be part of the Alert System simply add the Alert Button to your browser. That's it.

The Alert Button does nothing unless a child is reported missing in your immediate area. A small alert box appears on your screen and when clicked, complete details of the missing child displays. Click the Button to share it.

If your child, grandchild, or sibling goes missing, how many people would you want instantly alerted? Everyone must know. Do your part.
Mr. Marion White
+0
6/13/2010 5:31:46 PM

Happy father to all the father,s.

God bless all the father,s.

THINK YOU ANTHONY HOWARD
+0
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/13/2010 9:12:52 PM
Thanks Phil for the thread.

Dad it's been many years since you've been gone from my life but it still feels like yesterday that you left & i miss you more & more each day.

Happy Father's Day & God bless you in Heaven.

Edited to include graphic wouldn't let me enter it the other day. Happy Father's Day everyone!

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2010 11:01:07 PM
Hi Phil,

TO ALL DADS Wishing you a wonderful day.

My dad has been gone for many years, and will always miss him. I wish I would have done more to let him know how much I loved him

Blessings,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!