Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Let's All Take A Little Time To Say "Thank's Dad"
6/13/2010 11:36:40 PM

Phil, I have posted this before but it is a poem I wrote on my Daddy's birthday many years after he was gone. My Daddy was a hard-working man and all he ever knew was farm work. He loved all us children and wanted us to be the best we could. He could be very stern with this but his strength is what helped me make it without him. I never thought I would miss him as much as I did. He was my strength! Yet, losing him helped me apply those same rules to my life and helped me survive during many battles.

I salute all Fathers on this Father's Day for once they were the backbone of the family.

ON MY DADDY’S BIRTHDAY

Daddy, I have loved you so

in many ways you may never know.

You were my strength when things went wrong.

You never let me down,

I could always count on

you to go along.

I was not afraid of anything

when you were there strongly

protecting and loving.

I just never knew how much

it meant to have you,

to hear your laughter,

see the sparkle in your eyes

and feel your touch.

No, I never knew how precious

where these moments

until they were no more and many,

many years have gone by since.

Yet, lingering always fresh

and crisp in memory

is the love I know you

had for me.

We shared many good and happy times,

and I failed

to tell you as I should

somehow I know you understand.

So today, again, my sweet Daddy

I will always love you and send

Happy Birthday wishes to another land.

Sara Gardner Blow ©1989

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2010 4:40:13 PM

Hi Marion,

Thanks for coming by and I wish you luck with your latest Venture.

Have A Great Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2010 4:47:02 PM

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your Comments honoring all of our Fathers on their Special Day.

Have A Terrifc Week & Happy Father's Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2010 5:03:14 PM

"The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God, and I called him Dad!"
~~Author Unknown.

Hi Robert,

I appreciate you for coming by and Thank You for sharing your wonderful message to your Dad. I think I understand how you feel. My Dad passed away way back in 1994, and still today, whenever I'm in certain places or when I'm doing certain things that we used to share, I can feel his presence there with me. Just remember, one day we will meet again and what a wonderful day it will be up in Heaven. Thank You Jesus.

Be Blessed My Friend & Happy Father's Day,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2010 5:29:23 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thank You my Friend for stopping by to join with us in Remembering and Honoring the wonderful men who have meant so much in our lives. I understand what you're saying, and I too sometimes wish I had only had a little more time to show him how much I loved him. However, my Friend, that's the wonderful thing about our Savior, for thanks to Him, death never really means "Goodbye", it just means "I'll see you later.". I know that one day soon, I'll have all of Eternity to say, "Thanks Dad.".

Dads are all very Special. Please Click below for a Special Message...

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Father's Day My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!