Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Chunky Spinach Dip
4/22/2010 4:52:22 AM

I am going to try this recipe some time this week. It sounds tasty.

Chunky Spinach Dip

1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach (or canned spinach)

1/2 cup light sour cream

1/2 cup light ranch salad dressing

2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard (or your favorite)

2 Tablespoons fresh chopped dill

1/2 cup chopped canned water chestnuts

Instuctions:

If using frozen spinach, cook according to package directions. Drain and squeeze dry. If using canned spinach, drain and press to get out additional liquid.

Mix sour cream, dressing, mustard, and dill in medium bowl. Stir in spinach and water chestnuts.

Chill. Serve with whole grain crackers or vegetables.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Chunky Spinach Dip
4/22/2010 1:19:09 PM

Hi Donna,

The Spinach Dip sounds delicious. I love Spinach anyway it fixed, whether it's Steamed, Stewed , or Sauteed. I've also found a new favorite way to eat Dips, Nut-Thins, a new Cracker that's Glutenfree and packed with Protein, 'cause it's made from Nuts. They're delicious with most any of the Dips that I've tried them with. They are from Blue Diamond, but if you can't find them in the stores, here's a website where you can order them...

Hope you'll like them as much as I do.

Have A Terrific Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/22/2010 2:30:52 PM
Oh Boy Donna and Phil, it do sound sooooooooo good.
Thanks Phil for the nutty crackers.

Question: Why would you have to cook the frozen spinach, why not just use it just thawed. Every time it is cooked you lose more value in your food.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/22/2010 6:40:00 PM

Hi Myrna,

I also prefer my Spinach Steamed or Sauteed...

Garlic Sauteed Spinach

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves
  • 2 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves)
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • Lemon
  • Sea or kosher salt, optional

Directions

Rinse the spinach well in cold water to make sure it's very clean. Spin it dry in a salad spinner, leaving just a little water clinging to the leaves.

In a very large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it's browned. Add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted. Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt. Serve hot.

Glad you liked the Nutty Crackers, I think they're delicious. What Can I say, It's Thursday!

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/22/2010 7:58:01 PM
Phil,

That is the cutest little creator I ever did see.

I was talking about using the thawed spinach in the dip, why do you need to cook it? As you can tell I am not to clear at times.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!