Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: POTW Feedback
4/23/2010 2:09:13 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Barry,

I think POTW has lost some of it's interest because people who are nominated do not reply to each one. That to me was always a highlight. It is just like they are glad to get the award, but fall short in the real appreciation.

I know sometimes it is impossible to get to every one, but there has been a few winners we never heard from. I really think that is hurting the POTW. It has lost it's glitter.

You are doing a wonderful job, but it is a team effort, I think we have lost a lot of the team players.

Just my opinion, hope I didn't hurt anyone, not meant to harm just to help

Myrna

Hi Myrna,

I would never take feedback as hurt and I don't believe anyone else would. You are right in that we may have lost some of the team players from the past and that can be attributed to many different reasons. However for those of us that remain, we have to lead by example and recruit and promote the POTW to members who don't know about it or do not understand.

All the members that are currently listed for the POTW have contributed social content to other members in the community and although some may not be well known yet they may be at a later time. Some will make a contribution of sorts to the POTW and community and some won't.

My point is if we take a little time to look at the members we are not familiar with, we may be surprised as they could be future team players for the POTW and Community.

Thanks again Myrna,
Barry

Barry, you and Myrna both have some good points there. My opinion is that with so many new members coming in, they need some direction. It seems they join and immediately start spamming. Are any of them paying attention to the instructions given when joining? I really don't think they look for any specific rules and certainly don't stick to any of them. They post anywhere, everywhere with all their ads. I know there have been some who have actually stopped long enough to get to know their way around and actually add to the commuity but they are few.

That was what our 'Garden of Friendship' was supposed to do, to help get new members familiar with our community guidelines and how to become successful here in Adland. Your own letters you send out to new members are very important but how many actually read them??

I have been asking our members in 'Adlanders in Facebook Group' which has about 97 members, just what would it take for them to be active here again. I have gotten several responses and so many have just lost interest. Then, there is the suggestion to try and get new worthy members. Well, I tried that also with little success. I don't see the attraction in FB of playing games, I have better things in life to do than play games all day. I did start my own art group and like that as I use my ALP art gallery for other artists. So far with Adland Art Gallery, I have helped bring in 2 new members. I know that is way low but it is something... Next month we will be featuring a new member as our Featured Artist.

Like Myrna said it is a joint effort and we need to work together to get new members interested in becoming Person of the Week.

Thanks for allowing me to give an opinion.

Sara

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
4/23/2010 4:04:56 PM
[/quote]

Barry, you and Myrna both have some good points there. My opinion is that with so many new members coming in, they need some direction. It seems they join and immediately start spamming. Are any of them paying attention to the instructions given when joining? I really don't think they look for any specific rules and certainly don't stick to any of them. They post anywhere, everywhere with all their ads. I know there have been some who have actually stopped long enough to get to know their way around and actually add to the community but they are few.

That was what our 'Garden of Friendship' was supposed to do, to help get new members familiar with our community guidelines and how to become successful here in Adland. Your own letters you send out to new members are very important but how many actually read them??

I have been asking our members in 'Adlanders in Facebook Group' which has about 97 members, just what would it take for them to be active here again. I have gotten several responses and so many have just lost interest. Then, there is the suggestion to try and get new worthy members. Well, I tried that also with little success. I don't see the attraction in FB of playing games, I have better things in life to do than play games all day. I did start my own art group and like that as I use my ALP art gallery for other artists. So far with Adland Art Gallery, I have helped bring in 2 new members. I know that is way low but it is something... Next month we will be featuring a new member as our Featured Artist.

Like Myrna said it is a joint effort and we need to work together to get new members interested in becoming Person of the Week.

Thanks for allowing me to give an opinion.

Sara

[/quote]

Hi Sara,

Thank you. It is a joint effort to educate and assist new members, some will become long term members and these are the members that will help build the community. There will always be members who do things differently and that should be expected, but some that we assist today will develop into long term members.

I believe most new members are usually new to the Business and Social Networking communities in general, so in their defense they believe that placing ad posts everywhere is what they are supposed to do. If we reach out as a community and explain what works some will understand and probably be long term members.

This of course is just my opinion and thank you Sara and Myrna for getting the feedback machine going.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2010 4:47:33 PM

I see the new people spamming alot. I would NOT vote for a person who did that.

POTW should showcase people who contribute. In both the social and advertising areas. That is my feeling anyway. If someone is just plastering ads all over the place (including places like OUR profiles) I don't see that as such a good contribution.

I remember the "good old days" where people posted a few ads in one day..... not 40 every day.

This is just my opinion.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
4/23/2010 5:23:20 PM
Quote:

I see the new people spamming alot. I would NOT vote for a person who did that.

POTW should showcase people who contribute. In both the social and advertising areas. That is my feeling anyway. If someone is just plastering ads all over the place (including places like OUR profiles) I don't see that as such a good contribution.

I remember the "good old days" where people posted a few ads in one day..... not 40 every day.

This is just my opinion.

Pat

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your feedback. I would say that is a valid point and is probably the same criteria most voters will use. I try and review all the candidates to ensure there is a social or business element to the posts they are making. Granted some may make ad posts along with their comment posts but that is for each voter to weigh out when they make their decision.

Regards,
Barry
+0
Enamul Huque

67 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/18/2010 2:10:29 PM
As reward POTW should be given 3 months of Gold membership.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!