Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Find out what shaped your Adland friends
5/2/2010 7:03:51 PM

Yes Pauline,

Bogdan's write was good.

My children now have faith. My younger daughter having recently accepted Christ.

It is a reward when you teach your children to enquire and give them the tools to do so and they go on to find a personal faith.

Children are so precious. They are mouldable and impressionable and we owe it to them to inspire them to make well-thought choices yet challenge current beliefs .

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2010 11:08:04 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Hello Roger,

This is an excellent topic very close to my heart and I know that it is yours too from seeing what you have to say in your posts over the years. There are other qualities I see in you which are inspiration for me.

I could say that all the people mentioned in here inspired me in some way, Starting from Tony Robins, Brian Tracy where I was shaping my financial world. Later there was John Paul II. Although most of you know him as a pope, for me his inspiration was on different level. He was my countryman and knowing that he represents my nation and that he builds up respect for us was what mattered.

Later in my live came totally different discoveries and so far these are my biggest inspirations to date. These were my kids and their growing up. There was a lot of questions about how and why. Finally it came questions about God and religion. This caused me to question my own understanding about it and look for explanations. I revisited university and took courses in philosophy. Studied bible many times back and forth and read books about spirituality. I never blamed my kids for moving away from believes we were teaching them from their birth, as I knew they they are refusing to accept the truths preached by those who every day themselves are breaking rules which they present as coming from God. I encouraged the discussion and learned from them. Together we have discovered that there are answerers and together we have started to see shapes emerging from the confusing and contradictory understanding presented by different teachers over the centuries and millenniums.

I wish you all, that you could learn from your children. Our children by being young, are much less affected by our surrounding and conditioning caused by the societies we live in, so their minds are more inquisitive and they are less afraid to show carriage and question the status quo.

Bogdan Fiedur

Hi again Roger,

came back again to read up on some of the posts here again, very very interesting indeed !

Bogdan, yours in particular touched me cos' of the topic of children.

Ah children...how fragile are they !!!!! I believe we as parents have a great great responsability of shaping who they grow up to be.

Both my sons were allowed to find their own truths & discover God on their own ! Even tho' I being strong in faith I never ever offered them religion !! or a comformity that society required. Discovering God & ones faith is such a personal issue. It was not uptill they were young men did they stand up for their beliefs and proceeded a study of it. I had no part in that at all...ofcourse the only part however was that I kept praying for them unseizingly and believed God would take care of them without a doubt and HE has so beautifully :) my faith can only be lifted to a higher level when I think back on it !

Parenting can be such a challenge and can only turn out well if there be no hypocrisy found.

Just some thoughts here !

nuff said I guess :)

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for commenting on my post.

I want to add to my post that the my kids and their discoveries and questions coming with it, become for me an inspiration to revise my own understanding or lack of it and embark on the path which I didn't realize existed. Through their presence (my kids) I experienced believes in God on levels which were not accessible to me before based on the teachings of church and social customs related to religion. I realized that one can't answer any of the pressing questions young mind is asking, be simply referring them to bible or to customary understanding of it. Those answers are not complete and at best require from one to hope that those who answer them, know something more which they are not telling us.

One can follow the religious canons and be far from conception of God, and at the same time one can know nothing about religion and can be with God every minute of their life.

Unfortunately religions or rather wrong approach to them, don't help one to get close enough to God to be able to experience God while still on earth.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2010 1:33:42 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Hello Roger,

This is an excellent topic very close to my heart and I know that it is yours too from seeing what you have to say in your posts over the years. There are other qualities I see in you which are inspiration for me.

I could say that all the people mentioned in here inspired me in some way, Starting from Tony Robins, Brian Tracy where I was shaping my financial world. Later there was John Paul II. Although most of you know him as a pope, for me his inspiration was on different level. He was my countryman and knowing that he represents my nation and that he builds up respect for us was what mattered.

Later in my live came totally different discoveries and so far these are my biggest inspirations to date. These were my kids and their growing up. There was a lot of questions about how and why. Finally it came questions about God and religion. This caused me to question my own understanding about it and look for explanations. I revisited university and took courses in philosophy. Studied bible many times back and forth and read books about spirituality. I never blamed my kids for moving away from believes we were teaching them from their birth, as I knew they they are refusing to accept the truths preached by those who every day themselves are breaking rules which they present as coming from God. I encouraged the discussion and learned from them. Together we have discovered that there are answerers and together we have started to see shapes emerging from the confusing and contradictory understanding presented by different teachers over the centuries and millenniums.

I wish you all, that you could learn from your children. Our children by being young, are much less affected by our surrounding and conditioning caused by the societies we live in, so their minds are more inquisitive and they are less afraid to show carriage and question the status quo.

Bogdan Fiedur

Hi again Roger,

came back again to read up on some of the posts here again, very very interesting indeed !

Bogdan, yours in particular touched me cos' of the topic of children.

Ah children...how fragile are they !!!!! I believe we as parents have a great great responsability of shaping who they grow up to be.

Both my sons were allowed to find their own truths & discover God on their own ! Even tho' I being strong in faith I never ever offered them religion !! or a comformity that society required. Discovering God & ones faith is such a personal issue. It was not uptill they were young men did they stand up for their beliefs and proceeded a study of it. I had no part in that at all...ofcourse the only part however was that I kept praying for them unseizingly and believed God would take care of them without a doubt and HE has so beautifully :) my faith can only be lifted to a higher level when I think back on it !

Parenting can be such a challenge and can only turn out well if there be no hypocrisy found.

Just some thoughts here !

nuff said I guess :)

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for commenting on my post.

I want to add to my post that the my kids and their discoveries and questions coming with it, become for me an inspiration to revise my own understanding or lack of it and embark on the path which I didn't realize existed. Through their presence (my kids) I experienced believes in God on levels which were not accessible to me before, based on the teachings of church and social customs related to religion. I realized that one can't answer any of the pressing questions young mind is asking, be simply referring them to bible or to customary understanding of it. Those answers are not complete and at best require from one to hope that those who answer them, know something more which they are not telling us.

One can follow the religious canons and be far from conception of God, and at the same time one can know nothing about religion and can be with God every minute of their life.

Unfortunately religions or rather wrong approach to them, don't help one to get close enough to God to be able to experience God while still on earth.

Bogdan

Hi Roger, yet again :))

Bogdan,

this is so so true.....One can follow the religious canons and be far from conception of God, and at the same time one can know nothing about religion and can be with God every minute of their life.

This is what I mean't when I said "I didn't offer them Religion" showing them God through our lives and the way we deal with it is far more effective.

The Bible even tells us one can have 'knowledge' but yet no understanding !!! this again is so true when we try to be one up on God :)) and act clever with him lol !

Children on the other hand have to be admired for their boldness to revolt on things they do not comprehend....ah don't they look at you with a look that says 'how could you do that' 'whats the point ?' ?????

There was a time when my son was in his 3rd year of Bible College and we would debate the issue of the 'Holy Spirit' his understanding was very different from mine but he listened me out patiently and then went on to convince me in a most powerful way that finally I realized my understanding was so erroneous, and I thanked God for using my son to make me think right and according to His Word. To me the understanding Ryan [myson] has now is an inspiration to me and he teaches me even today we do the study over the net ...its awesome!!

My belief is ...We need to approach & search for God with a child like heart ....open and not preconditioned ...no wonder he is revealing himself to them far more effectively !!!

God bless our children !!!

Pauline

+0
Flash Smith

1053 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/3/2010 11:27:55 AM
Hi Roger, Thank You for inviting me to your Great Forum. I think this is a Great Idea.

Most all my Inpirations came from God and My Mother. They had the Biggest Impact on my Life. My Brother Next to me that has passed away in 1987 had a Big Impact on me also.

When I ran the BBS in Memphis,Tn between 1983 to 1992 I had So Many Friends that would
Really go over Board when I had a Problem...Be it with the Computer, My Car, My House...No Matter What Kind of Problem I had I Always had Friends to Call On for Help.

Adlandpro, This has had a Great Deal of Impact on my Life also. I have Many Many Friends here on Adlandpro.
I can't name just One as they are All Equally Important to me. Not only the Friends I already have but the Future Friends I Expect to get. I hope I lead the Most Friends on here. I want to be the TOP on Everything.

Friends to me Can't be Brought or Sold. If you can Pay to Get a Friend then to me that is NOT a True Friend.

I could Write a Book here but I don't think Adlandpro would have enough Disk space to hold everything that in My Life Shaped it to what it is Today.

Before I Retired I met People Every Single Day that had a Impact and Inspired me on my Way of Life. I dealt with the Public and met 100's of People from All Walks of Life. They told me Jokes, about their Families, Where they Lived...from All over the World...
I only Remember some of the Things that People told me some of the times. But at a Moments Notice something will Pop into my Head that Some one told me that a long time ago.

I Believe....and here is a Passage that I think is So True....I hope you Enjoy it. I wish I could say I thought of it but I can't.. It came in an E-Mail to my Niece awhile back....
I want to Share this with all My Friends:

[quote}
Perspective

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip
to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would
be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son,
"How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad."
"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah," said the son. "So, tell me, what did
you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered:
"I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a
pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a
creek that has no end.

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the
stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole
horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields
that go beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy
our food, but they grow theirs.

We have walls around our property to protect us, they have
friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me
how poor we are."

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing?

Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for
everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't
have.

Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your
friends!

Pass this on to family, friends and acquaintances and help
them refresh their perspective and appreciation.

"Life is too short and friends are
too few."

[/quote]

I also want to Say Thank You for All the Friends I have on here. There has been Very Bad Weather in my area and I have not been on here for the past week to much but it is Clear now and I will Hopefully make up for Lost time.

Also for all the New Members...If I have Not Invited you to be my Friend then Please Invite me....I accept all friends Request....

Have a Great Day to You and Yours
Flash

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2010 7:04:32 PM

obstacles_inspirational.jpg picture by romacmail

Flash,

Thank you for your wonderful contribution here.

God and Mother are way out front in the inspiration stakes and rightly so.

I love the way that your inspiration so often comes from "ordinary" people, proving that there is no such thing. We are all extraordinary.

Loved your story too. It's the "glass half-full/half-empty" thing.

EVERYONE WATCH THIS SPACE

More INSPIRATION COMING SOON!

TO A FORUM NEAR YOU

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!