Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Find out what shaped your Adland friends
4/18/2010 9:17:30 AM

Thank you Branka,

Always here.

Busy but happy at present

Roger

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2010 6:30:49 AM

Roger,

You are only one (among a very few) citizens of my inner Royal Palace (within my inner capital town J), who never wished to correct my outer (fake and don`t enough appreciated) Geography. Being who you are (and that is not easy to describe at all JJJ), you have inspired me to write who knows how many books. My intention was to write about you as my source of inspiration, but Bogdan has mentioned my also important source of inspiration and … I wished to share with you something really great.

Surely one who lives in Haslemere (having Belfast not only in a close proximity) could understand my words easier than others who share my level of ignorance in Geography J.

Just a short historic reminder: in 1054 Christian church has been divided into Roman Catholic (western) and Byzantine, (eastern) Orthodox Church. My Serbian nation has accepted(?, well, more or less) Orthodox religion (along with Romania, Bulgaria, bigger part of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Monte Negro and Greece), while all other neighbor countries (all South Slavic nations) have accepted Roman Catholic religion.

1389, by storming Medieval Serbia, into the “Balkan bloody poem” have jumped Ottomans, and Serbia was occupied by Turks for 500 years. From 18th century, my ancestors, along with a many other Serbs, have moved from Ottoman Imperia into so called VOJNA KRAJINA (Free Military Zone, today, part of Croatia) , bestowed upon them as a free land by Queen Maria Teresa (Austro-Hungarian Monarchy). They remained Orthodox Christians.

During 20th century there were 3 bloody wars here, mainly religion based. Hate between Roman Catholic and Orthodox Christians, and then between each of them and Muslims, still can`t be hidden. (For Croatia and Bosnia & Herzegovina, last war has been finished in 1995, and for Serbia in 1999).

Best way to describe a bit of a grandiose job done by genius Pope John Paul II, is to tell what has happened here in Belgrade a few days ago, on April 15th 2010.

(I am not only a big optimist, but one who entire life wished to see this, and even I was GREATLY AND BEAUTIFULLY SURPRISED.)

This event has approached to the public scene total silent, like it never has been different.

On last Thursday evening, in Catholic Church in Belgrade, was FIRST ECUMENICAL MISSA EVER (not only in Serbia, but in the whole region, from 1054 until now), served for Lech Kaczynski and all victims of this Poles` tragedy. It has been served by Catholic and Orthodox Bishops and priests together. And ISLAMIC MUFTIJA (main priest of Islamic Community in Serbia) WAS PRESENT IN CHURCH.

WHO COULD EVER IMAGINE THAT?

First World War started by attack on Serbia.

Second, by attack on Poland.

What Catholic Pope John Paul II (Pole) has created when was alive (real ecumenical dialogue), dead President Lech Kaczynski (Pole) has accomplished now (ecumenism on the scene, in mainly Orthodox Serbia).

In my opinion, this could be announcement for a great and big change, in which nations and religions will not compete or fight, but rather will INSPIRE each other.

Now back to my personal life and all inspirations in it.

Uh!

I am not sure if I ever have experienced anything what has not been inspiring for me.

Considering ALL WHAT IS as enough worthy (inspiring), I should stop now.

Maybe this could be answer : Sir Roger from Haslemere – my own Bard of Inspiration, along with all what exist J.

Branka

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2010 8:12:21 AM

Bless you Branka.

I am really not worthy of all your words.

I will reply to your post further this evening (about 8 hours time).

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2010 7:38:48 PM

Branka,

thank you so much for your wonderful contribution.

Being English I was brought up in the Church of England tradition (not that I hold with all of their interpretation of things) which of course was a breakaway from the Catholic Church when King Henry VIII couldn't get a divorce. (Great reason to start your own church?)

This means that I have many Catholic friends but am still unfamiliar and uncomfortable with some of their doctrine. I had a great respect for Pope Paul because he took over at a time when huge changes had to be made. The church holds enormous power and even the most dedicated and saintly leader has a hard job to bring about change. I believe that Pope Paul made a huge contribution towards unity in many countries.

I will say more in next post

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2010 7:49:42 PM

(This editor tends to cut my posts short so had to break off)

The events in Poland are awesome in their far reaching impact. how many countries could bear a blow of that size to thier political and military elite. It came at such an important time for Poles and Russians and has, I'm sure, made things even more important in thier intentions.

"The Cellist of Sarajevo" by Stephen Galloway is a novel just loaned to me by a friend. I am in the process of reading it. It is a scary picture of that war. I have just finished a book about a Polish Jew who survived concentration camp by dancing. It is not coincidence that I am reading these books.

The Polish people are an inspiration to me. Thier work ethic is wonderful.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!