Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
9/7/2011 9:51:32 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I have used the diatomaceous earth on my plants this summer and not bugs did I find after I used it. It is wonderful
Here is how to use it on your dog and cats for flea, tick and lice control
1. Dusting on the coats
2. Adding to the food each day for worm and parasite control
3. Adding to food for joint, skin and hair coat health (YOU should see my cats shining fur)
You can use it all over your house it will not harm anything but the fleas.

This stuff is just wonderful, it is great for humans too.

www.earthworkshealth.com

Hope this is helpful.
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2011 3:56:39 AM
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for the information on diatomaceous earth. I didn't get here soon enough to see the link and I ordered some on Amazon. It will be here this week.

I've been combing our cats but I need help! I am so glad to hear how well it worked for you. It has been a long time since we've had fleas. I think we may have picked them up on a trip to the vet's. You have to carry them outside to and from the car and there is plenty of dog traffic outside, too.

I had some friends years ago that used it for their horses, to worm them and it worked and was safe. I can hardly wait till it gets here. That's how I knew about it. If I hadn't, I would never have been able to find it except perhaps if I had asked here and you told me about it. I sure don't want to use poison in my house or on my older cats!!!

Maybe I should use it on my plants, too. It rains so much here I am not sure it would be effective. We have lots of slugs though I have certainly cut down on the population here.

Thanks so much for all your advise!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2011 11:24:33 PM
Hi Cheryl,

Have you used diatomaceous eath and is it helping? I am having so many problems, nothing is working for me. My Buddy loves to go outside, but it is awful when he comes in. We do the combing for several times to get those fleas off. As much as I dislike cold weather I keep hoping for a hard frost so these fleas will depart for a few months, but it hasn't happened yet. We haven't ever had a light frost yet. This is late for a frost for us.

Hope you are doing well, I see you are still doing the welcoming, which I think is so nice of you.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2011 1:47:08 AM
Hi Myrna,

I have just started using the DE. How long before I see results, do you think? How long after I put it down before I can vacuum, then do I need to reapply it?

I got some kind of oil spray from Dr. Mercola's site (Dr. Becker is the vet there) and I gave one to my naturopath. I'll have to ask her if she's used it yet or what she is doing. I think I am going to spray one of the cats at least who is really bad with the fleas and I don't seem to be able to comb her as much. The spray is supposed to keep the fleas from recognizing your pet so they don't get on them. Sounds perfect for those who go outside. Mine don't but I think I am still going to use it.

Let me know on the vacuuming and dusting the DE again. I think I am going to vacuum but don't know if I need to put the DE down again. One of my cats started sneezing when I put some on her so I will either have to be more careful, or she'll get the oil spray, too. I think you said you get to Dr. Mercola's site. The name of the spray is Natural Flea and Tick Defense.

Keep me posted on how you are doing. I'll do the same. Right now, of course, we still have fleas.

Good luck to us both!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2011 2:33:08 AM
Hi Cheryl,

It doesn't say how long to leave it on, it just says to sprinkle on carpet, furniture.
Have you ever gotten Borax? I read to make a solution and sponge it on your carpet and leave until it dries and then vac.
Don't know what else to tell you, but I agree good luck to us both.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!