Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Boy Scout Dinner
3/10/2010 6:09:40 AM

Phil,

Congratulations on your many years of sobriety. That is a great accomplishment.

You have a delightful sense of humor, so I am sure there are women who would love to be by your side, especially since you can also cook!

DonnaZ

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2010 9:44:37 PM
Hi Donna,

Gee it is so easy to be a good friend to people when you can as much as I do about you 2. Give me something harder to do!

Phil,
It is so hard to believe that you were on booze so long. I am so thankful that you got rid of the junk. Life is so much fun without it, right. I don't need booze to get high, I am high on life.

Back to the recipes.

My Lemon pie filling.

3/4 cup sugar
3 egg yokes
1/4 cup corn starch
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil, put in your pie crust

Topping
3 egg whites
dash of cream of tarter
beat until partly stiff add
about 1/4 cup of sugar
beat until stiff
place on pie

Bake at 350 for 15 -20 minutes or
until slightly brown.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2010 11:08:35 PM

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your kind sentiments, however I'm no longer looking. My last wife's Mother knew that I was quite the Commedian, and had decided that the reason I kept getting Seperated and Divorced was that I ran out of new Jokes to keep 'em laughing, and moved onto a new one. Therefore , she decided to give me a huge Joke Book as a wedding present. It unfortunately didn't work, but I did get some great new material.

Yes Myrna, Satan had me completely fooled for awhile, but thank the Lord, the Holy Spirit shined His Light on me and I could finally see. I just have to start each day and end each night saying Thank You Jesus! for setting me Free!

Thanks for the Lemon Pie Recipe my Friend. I do love those Tart & Tangy flavors. Here's a Lemon Cake Recipe that you all might like...

Lemon Crumb Cake

Ingredients

• 1 (16 ounce) package lemon cake mix

• 3 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup butter, chilled (1 stick)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Grease and flour 13"x9" pan.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil; beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
  4. Pour into pan.
  5. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
  6. Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until crumbly.
  7. Sprinkle crumb evenly over batter.
  8. Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean (35-40 minutes).
  9. Cool completely in pan.
Have A Beautiful & Blessed Weekend My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2010 7:16:21 PM
Oh my gosh, Myrna. How did you know I love lemon pie? That is a recipe I will definitely try. Keep them coming! :)

DonnaZ
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2010 7:20:31 PM
Hi Phil,

It takes a strong man to admit his mistakes. I hope you are happy being single after going through three divorces. You have had a lot of life changing events, but you have not lost your sense of humor, which is a good thing!

A man who can cook, bake, and come up with variations to standard recipes is a sight to behold.

Take care my friend, and keep those recipes coming. I will also check out Papa's Kitchen often.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!