Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Boy Scout Dinner
3/16/2010 1:19:58 PM

Hi Linda & Donna,

Well, I couldn't find a Recipe using all three, but I did find one with both Raspberries and Blackberries. Sounds yummy!

Razzleberry Pie

Ingredients

• 1 box of ready-made pie crusts with 2 crusts.
  • 1 bag of frozen raspberries (I prefer fresh when in season)
  • 1 bag of frozen blackberries
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 Tablespoons flour
  • Pie tin
  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 1. Thaw fruit almost completely and pour in colander to strain juice.

2. In large bowl, mix fruit, sugar and flour together. Line bottom of greased pie tin with crust. Fill with fruit.

3. Before adding top layer cut design into crust (as vents) Lay over top of crust, moisten edges with water to "glue" the two crusts together. With the back side of a fork, pinch edges together, or pinch with fingers.

4. Lightly brush top crust with water.

5. Sprinkle sugar over the top.

6. Cover edges with 1 1/2" strip of aluminum foil.

7. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

8. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until crust is golden brown.

Have A Terrific Week As Well,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 100 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/16/2010 7:20:54 PM
    That sounds absolutely delicious, Linda.

DonnaZ
    +0
    Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 100 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/16/2010 7:22:39 PM
    Thank you for sharing the recipe, Phil. It sounds delicious, plus we get our fruit servings, too. Of course, we have to ignore the sugar to pretend that fruit pie is healthy. :)

DonnaZ
    +0
    Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/16/2010 9:03:17 PM
    Hi Donna,

Just mention a recipe and our friend Phil is Johnny on the spot. Man that pie sure looks good. Thanks my friend, you are something else, I haven't figured out just what yet, but I will. lol

Hugs,
    Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/16/2010 11:26:48 PM

Hi Donna & Everyone,

I do love my Fruit, and a little Sugar can be okay occassionally, just used in moderation. Personally, I never use processed White Sugar any more, I either use Splenda in the powdered version meant for cooking, or one of the Natural alternatives. Speaking of Natural Alternatives, Click on Your Natural Choice for a great article on Organic Natural Sugar Alternatives.

Myrna, when it comes to figuring me out, many have tried and just as many have failed. Most just decide to accept me the way I am and Hug the stuffing out of me every once in awhile.

Talk about prickly situations, imagine this Guy's surprise when he realized all of that green Stuff wasn't Shamrocks, but was in fact, Poison Ivy. Talk about Ouch!!!

Have A Happy St. Pat's My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!