Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/26/2010 8:23:35 PM

Quote:
Hi just wandered if anyone out there has a easy , and what I mean is not a lot of different ingredients, for potato soup. I love potato soup and lost my simple recipe, could you help me? thanks your friend and neighbor, Howard

Hi Howard.

Try this one.

looks good.

In a hurry for a hearty, yet simple meal? Make this super simple potato soup in about thirty minutes, start to finish. Add a side of crackers and/or grilled cheese sandwich and dinner is served.

This is a good dish for those who have trouble digesting dairy products as well as those who need to reduce fat intake derived from dairy or meat products used for seasoning in other soups.

google_ad_section_end()
Difficulty: Easy
Instructions
google_ad_section_start()

Things You'll Need:

• Potatoes (approximately one large per person)
  • Enough chicken broth to cover sliced or diced potatoes
  • Seasonings of choice (salt, pepper, onion, garlic, etc.)
  1. Step 1

Select enough potatoes to equal approximately one large per person to be served. Peel, wash and slice or dice all cleaned potatoes into a pan large enough to accommodate the them when covered by liquid. Add enough chicken broth to cover potatoes plus about 1/2".

2. Step 2

Add whatever seasonings you like. Some suggestions are salt, pepper, garlic, onions, celery, etc. Cook over medium heat approximately twenty minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Remove from heat. Take about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cooked potatoes and place in a small bowl. Mash thoroughly. Return mashed potatoes to pan of cooked potatoes and stir. This will thicken the soup.

3. Step 3

Serve alone or as a side for sandwiches.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 8:26:04 PM

That's good Phil.

Howard's got two choices now.

We are a helpful lot aren't we?

Roger

+0
2/26/2010 8:59:46 PM
Thanks Phil That is what i like an easy recipe.. I will cook some up this weekend, we are getting 12 inches of snow this weekend so it would be a good time.
Thanks your Friend and Neighbor, Howard
+0
2/26/2010 9:04:32 PM
That is what I think is so good thanks Roger can not say it enough thanks guys.
Thanks your Friend and Neighbor, Howard
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 9:29:46 PM

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the Recipe. On a Cold, Blustery day, there's no such thing as too much soup.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!