Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/26/2010 6:12:21 AM

Hi Phil,

I saute garlic when I make scrambled eggs. If I have mushrooms on hand, I saute those, too, before adding the eggs. I would love to add onions but they don't agree with my husband.

I got an herb kit for Christmas and hope they will actually grow, as I do not have a "green thumb".

DonnaZ

+0
2/26/2010 1:37:55 PM
Hi just wandered if anyone out there has a easy , and what I mean is not a lot of different ingredients, for potato soup. I love potato soup and lost my simple recipe, could you help me? thanks your friend and neighbor, Howard
Thanks your Friend and Neighbor, Howard
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 2:51:55 PM

Hi Mark,

To be honest with you, I really didn't think that any of my ex -wives could cook, but then I realized that I was comparing them to Momma and Granny. Not really a fair Comparison.

Actually, I saw my 2nd ex just the other day, She's retired and working at our local Library now. Still love her dearly, and although she wasn't that great a Cook, Lord could that child bake a Cake. We were just remembering the other day how much I loved her Italian Creme Cake. Truly, a little taste of Heaven. I'll try to remember the recipe, and include it in my Dessert Tread that I'll start later.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 3:14:51 PM

Hi Donna.

So glad you dropped by and thanks for the suggestions for my Eggs. I do love Eggs, and so far they haven't affected my Cholesteral. Just had it checked two weeks ago and it was perfect, both the Good & the Bad. Not sure about the Ugly, LOL.

I use Onions quite liberally in most of my Omelette Recipes. Here's a Greek Omelette that I love dearly, but I have to watch the salt because of the Feta Cheese.

Greek Omelette

1 medium potato, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 cups spinach, chopped, rinsed, stemmed
1 tablespoon capers or chopped Greek olives
4 large eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried

1. In a cast-iron skillet or fry pan, sauté the potatoes in the olive oil and cook about 3 minutes in one layer, turning once and cooking 2 additional minutes.

2. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook until the onion softens and the potatoes are done. Add the spinach and the capers or olives. When the spinach is cooked, remove the pan from the heat.

3. Heat a cast-iron fry pan which is well-seasoned enough to handle a large omelette or use a nonstick fry skillet.

4. Beat the eggs with the water until air is incorporated.

5. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the preheated fry pan and swirl it in the pan. Immediately add the beaten egg mixture and move the pan until the egg coats the entire bottom. Tip the pan to distribute the liquid egg that may still be in the center of the pan. Place the vegetables over the top of the egg mixture. Add the crumbled feta cheese.

6. Place under a medium or high broiler and broil until the cheese is melted and the egg is set. Watch carefully, since this step only takes a few minutes. Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with chopped dill. Serve immediately.

Note: Feta cheese is very salty so I use very little additional salt to taste. To make a folded omelette, I distribute the vegetables and feta cheese on only half of the egg mixture. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted; remove from the broiler and fold the remaining half over the vegetable-feta cheese half. Slide onto a serving plate.

Thanks Again & Bless You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 3:27:13 PM

Hi Howard,

Thanks for stopping by. Here's about the simplest Potato Soup Recipe that I could find quickly. Hope this helps.

EASY POTATO SOUP

EASY POTATO SOUP

1 sm. onion, chopped
4 med. potatoes, diced
1 c. shredded carrots or sliced celery
1 c. water
2 c. milk
3/4 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1 or 2 tbsp. butter

Boil onion, potatoes and carrots in water for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Heat until hot but do not boil. Makes 4 servings. (I usually double the recipe and add a couple of dashes of Natures Seasonings. Very delicious!)

Have A Great Weekend My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!