Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/28/2010 2:09:44 PM

Happy Sunday Phil. I don't know if you have ever heard of Nancy's Kitchen newsletter or not but it is a great FREE site. Not only do you get great TNT recipes but you can also request a recipe and usually one of the members (or several of them) will have what you're looking for. I have been a member for years and look forward to getting it in my inbox. It is sent out six days a week. Here is the link for anyone that is is interested. http://www.nancyskitchen.com/join_newsletter.htm There is also an index where you can read past newsletters. http://www.nancys-kitchen.com/newsletter-index.htm

This is definitely a great bunch of ladies and guys who are always willing to help.

:)

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/28/2010 10:13:40 PM

Hi Mary Evelyn,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the Great Link. I looked over some of the Newsletter Archives, and it looks like some Great Recipes. I went ahead and subscribed.

Thanks Again My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2010 6:03:03 AM

Mary and Phil,

I subscribed to the newsletter, too, so thank you for the link and recommendation. The more good recipes I have the better I like it.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2010 11:38:04 PM

Hi Donna,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the comments. Yes, I can never get enough good, healthier recipes. I do love to cook, and as you can tell, I also love to eat.

Here's a little something I discovered at the K & W Restaurant the other evening. I like to eat at this particular Cafeteria-style restaurant, since they never add a lot of sugar or salt to their meals, at least not the ones I choose.

Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole

Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 35 minutes Yield: Makes 8 servings

end class="rcpdetail"

Ingredients

• 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
  • 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
  • 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
end class="rcpdetail"

Preparation

Sauté onion and bell pepper in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.

Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients; remove from heat.

Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third tortilla pieces in bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers twice.

Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.

Note: You may freeze casserole for up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.

Have A Blesed Evening My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2010 11:49:58 PM
King Ranch Chicken ! I love it, a biggeee here in Texas ! My Mom taught me to make it
years ago ! And funny I leave the tortilla stuff out, make it and serve with wild rice pilaf on the side, a salad ... and a few hot tortillas for any who want it on the side ...

+0