Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Turkey Cutlets
2/12/2010 4:52:13 AM

Myrna,

I have never made home-made mayonnaise. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will try making it. I use mayo in tuna and/or chicken salad, and sometimes on sandwiches. For New Year's eve I use it in dips.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2010 4:59:36 AM

Thank you for the recipe, Phil. It sounds good as well as different. You certainly seem like a very good cook! I enjoy your recipes.

DonnaZ

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2010 3:21:12 PM
Hi Donna,

Phil is a great cook. He had recipes on for cornbread. I made some and it is the best cornbread I ever made. So if you need a recipe just ask Phil, I am sure he will give you a good one.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2010 3:32:29 AM

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the compliments Myrna. So glad you liked my Cornbread. I understand it's been kinda cold up y'all's way. Nothing better on a cold day, than a big pot of Beans and Cornbread.

Crock Pot Smoked Bean Medley

RECIPE INGREDIENTS

1/2 pound ground beef
3 oz Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits 1 cup chopped onion
2 cans (15 oz) Pork & Beans
1 can (16 oz) Kidney beans drained
1 can (16 oz) Butter lima beans drained
1 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 TBS hickory liquid smoke
3 TBS white vinegar
1 Tsp salt & a dash of pepper
DIRECTIONS
Brown ground beef and drain. Place all ingredients in crockpot, stir, cover and cook 4 -9 hours on low.

Delicious Buttermilk Cornbread

This is one of my favorite recipes for skillet cornbread, Southern-style. It's a must with a New Year's Day dinner, and it's a tradition for many with chili, pinto beans, soups, greens, and other delicious Southern meals.

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 1/2 cups white cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup low-fat milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400°.Add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to a 10-inch seasoned iron skillet; place in oven.
In a mixing bowl, combine the meal, flour, salt, baking powder and soda. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk and milk with eggs and melted butter. Gradually fold milk mixture into dry ingredients, folding and mixing just until all dry ingredients are moist.

Using oven mitts or potholders, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven; swirl slightly so oil coats sides of pan. Pour batter into the skillet then return to oven. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake cornbread for 35 to 45 minutes, until it pulls away from sides of pan and is lightly browned.
Cut into squares or wedges.

Enjoy My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2010 4:04:24 AM
Hi Donna,

Thanks for your forum.

Phil, I would like to ask you for another recipe. Remember for New Years day you had the pinto beans recipe. I got the beans and lost the recipe. Could you be so kind and post it here.
Thanks,
Myrna

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!