Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Garden Style Risotto
1/6/2010 3:45:21 AM

Hi Donna,

Glad to see that the recipes are getting around. As I said over at one of the other Forums, good Friends and good food, both should be shared and enjoyed.

Cheryl, I would love to say that I do everything from scratch, "like Mama used to make", but in reality, the Crockpot is a time saver and a life saver. I have three, all different sizes. I have even made my dessert in the smaller one on occasion.

Since you're from Texas, and you liked the Pork recipe, here's one to make you feel right at home...

Crockpot Tex Mex Pork Stew

The cornmeal acts as a thickener in this rich and savory stew. You can add chili powder or red pepper if you like a very spicy dish.
Prep Time: 25 minutes, Cook Time: 9 hours

Ingredients:

• 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 lbs. boneless pork top loin
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. white pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
  • 15 oz. can chili beans in sauce, undrained
  • 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with onions and garlic, undrained
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups frozen corn, thawed

Preparation:

In 5-6 quart crockpot, mix together onion and garlic. Cut pork into 1-1/2" cubes and place on top of onions. In small bowl, mix cornmeal, salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano. Sprinkle over pork cubes and mix to coat. Add undrained chili beans, undrained tomatoes and chicken broth to pork mixture.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is thoroughly cooked. Add corn, cover crockpot and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until stew is thoroughly heated.

Serve this spicy, flavorful stew with cornbread or corn muffins and a tossed salad for a full and hearty meal your family will love. Serves 6 to 8 real good eaters.

Hope You Enjoy This.

Have A Blessed Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Garden Style Risotto
1/28/2010 6:34:09 AM
Hi Phil,

Your recipe sounds delicious. I am not from Texas, though. I grew up in Wisconsin and have lived in Indiana for the past 30+ years.

I am used to midwestern cooking, but do like to try recipes from other regions.

The first time my husband and I took a trip to the deep south, we stopped at a restaurant for lunch, but could not understand the waitress at all. She had a thick southern drawl. Ordering was difficult. I think she had trouble understanding our midwestern accent, too.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!