Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Garden Style Risotto
12/23/2009 5:50:36 AM

Garden Style Risotto

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper

1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes

1-8 oz. can whole kernel corn

1 1/2 instant rice (white or brown)

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/4 cup sliced green onions or scallions

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and green bell pepper, stirrig constantly. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

Stir in crushed tomatoes and corn, bringing to a boil. Stir in rice and parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in green onions or scallions. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

This recipe is from www.redgoldtomatoes.com

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Garden Style Risotto
12/23/2009 7:28:25 PM

Hi Donna,

Now that's Italian! Sounds delicious or as Mama would say, "My mouth, she water!".

Now you know me. What's a good Italian without a nice Crusty Italian bread?

Ingredients

• 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
  • 2 to 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Preparation

Combine yeast, sugar, and 1 cup warm water in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes. Add 2 cups flour, oil, and salt to bowl, and beat at low speed, using dough hook attachment, 1 minute. Gradually add additional flour until dough begins to leave the sides of the bowl and pull together. (Note: The dough will take on a "shaggy" appearance as the flour is being added. When enough flour has been added, the dough will look soft and smooth, not wet and sticky or overly dry with a rough surface.)

Increase speed to medium, and beat 5 minutes. Cover bowl of dough with plastic wrap, and let stand in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down, and let stand 10 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; shape dough into a 12-inch loaf, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut 3 (1/4-inch deep) slits across top of dough with a sharp paring knife. (The slits release interior steam and prevent the loaf from blowing apart at the side.)

Bake at 400° for 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

For A Little Variety -

Herbed Focaccia: Proceed with recipe as directed, shaping dough into a ball instead of a loaf. Roll dough into an 11- x 14-inch rectangle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Press handle of a wooden spoon into dough to make indentations at 1-inch intervals. Drizzle dough evenly with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning. Bake at 475° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Wishing You And Yours

A Blessed Christmas & A Prosperous New Year,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2009 10:13:47 PM
Hi Donna,

I am not Italian, but I sure do like Italian food. Garden style risotto sounds good. Also,\thanks to Phil the bread would go with it, just perfect.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2009 6:15:58 AM

Hi Phil,

Your Italian bread recipe sounds yummy, and no kneading needed! I do not like kneading bread because I make a mess of it, sticky doughy mess, lol.

Have a great holiday!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2009 6:17:58 AM

Hi Myrna,

Both the risotto and Italian bread sound good. I am not Italian, either, but I sure like pasta dishes.

Have a great holiday.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!