Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ADLAND HELP DESK
9/13/2010 4:34:03 PM

ok that explains. I seldom understand the inter workings of the computer.

The way I have it set up is not going to work as someone comes along and posts anyway. Would it be alright to have one forum devoted to this activity. Make a separate thread for each week, let people pop in. I already have my limit? I know the "Celebrate Our Cultures" is not active but it is important for acknowledging the diversification of of our membership.

I would be willing to do such a forum if a group of people would add "go here for some friends" in the invite. It would be a team effort.

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 4:55:07 PM
Quote:

The way I have it set up is not going to work as someone comes along and posts anyway. Would it be alright to have one forum devoted to this activity. Make a separate thread for each week, let people pop in. I already have my limit? I know the "Celebrate Our Cultures" is not active but it is important for acknowledging the diversification of of our membership.

I would be willing to do such a forum if a group of people would add "go here for some friends" in the invite. It would be a team effort.

Hi Mary,

This might be a good idea what you are suggesting, but are you aware that when you access your home page http://community.adlandpro.com/home.aspx , just below the Adlander promo there is a list of newly subscribed members, which can be scrolled and invite button is accessible from there on each profile box without going to each profile explicitly.

In addition on every page on the left hand below "Search for people" box there is a link to browse through community members from newest to oldest.

http://community.adlandpro.com/membership/all/0/viewall.aspx

Isn't this what you want to accomplish through your forum?

Also there is a search utility, which allows you to search by different criteria.

http://community.adlandpro.com/search.aspx

Bogdan Fiedur
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 5:23:01 PM
Quote:

Hi Mary,

Bogdan has answered many of these through my forum

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2409902/ForumInformumFeedbackforBusinessandPleasure.aspx?flag=157286465

This was set up to sort this type of problem

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 7:02:34 PM

Not to Be-labor the issue but what I hoped to accomplish was just a little more complicated. It was the intention to make a list of people who respond to invitations, they didn't just come and create a free ad.

By providing a list such as this, many many people can save lots of time.

What you suggested Bogdan is very do-able but if you multiply it times the number of people who regularly do that, it is a lot of hours. My intention was to lighten everyones load AND encourage more people to invite without the hassle of going thru names where 90 don't even respond.

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 7:49:44 PM
Quote:

Not to Be-labor the issue but what I hoped to accomplish was just a little more complicated. It was the intention to make a list of people who respond to invitations, they didn't just come and create a free ad.

By providing a list such as this, many many people can save lots of time.

What you suggested Bogdan is very do-able but if you multiply it times the number of people who regularly do that, it is a lot of hours. My intention was to lighten everyones load AND encourage more people to invite without the hassle of going thru names where 90 don't even respond.

Mary,

Then start what you have in mind, and I see how I can assist you with this.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!