Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ADLAND HELP DESK
9/13/2010 2:59:53 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for the reply, Sara.

If I understand what you are saying correctly, the only
way to post to a group, that is not started by yourself, is
if the originator has a post then you can reply to it. Yes?

If so, how else can you communicate with other members
of that like-minded group? Would you have to contact them
individually?

Terri

Hello Terri,

Each group has a forum (at least one when forum is created.) This is how you post to the group. At the bottom of each group there is forum thread on which you need to click. Once in there you will be able to post to it.

Bogdan Fiedur

Thank you, Bogdan. Your answer is very helpful.

To recap, if the group organizer has only gone so far as to
start a group but has not set up a forum to go along with
it nor made a post on the group page, then a group member
does not have a way to communicate to the group as a whole.

This leads to another question. What is the value in joining a
group that doesn't have any posts or forums to allow group
members to interact? Is there a benefit to the group organizer?

Thanks again.

Terri

Terri,

Group always has one forum created automatically.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 3:01:58 PM
Quote:

It seemed like a good idea to find people willling to stay here in Adlandpro other than just creating an ad once and then leaving. Being little miss helpful, I decided to invite everyone for the day, see who answers and accepts. Then I would post the names and urls, thinking that this would help everyone in Adlandpro to increase their friends list with less time invested.

I posted the first set of names and urls only to discover when ready to post a second set, that NONE of them have "invite" button. Apparently the default is "disable friend invitation notifications".

That being the case, an additional "Send Message" to inbox would have to be sent tellling them to remove the check mark.

How can we make this easier? To make our community better, we need to encourage people to stay by making them feel welcome.

Hi Mary,

I don't understand what exactly you did.
Please show where you did the post so I can see it and better understand your question.

Bogdan
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 3:47:51 PM

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2419076/SharedIdeasandSharedWorkLoad.aspx?flag=3mahofst Is the first installment of names with urls.

click on those and you will see that they only have "send me message" button. There is no invite button.

I invited them from the new registry profiles that show each day so I did not know that they did not have an invite button on their profile.

So my question is "Is the default" setting for profiles to have only "Send message button"?

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 4:16:35 PM

Mary,

If there is no invite button they are already your friend.

Roger

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 4:23:15 PM
Quote:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2419076/SharedIdeasandSharedWorkLoad.aspx?flag=3mahofst Is the first installment of names with urls.

click on those and you will see that they only have "send me message" button. There is no invite button.

I invited them from the new registry profiles that show each day so I did not know that they did not have an invite button on their profile.

So my question is "Is the default" setting for profiles to have only "Send message button"?

Hi Mary,

Now I understand. The buttons to be invited as a friend are personalized, meaning that system will recognize when you access a profile of a community person if you are already their friend or not. Also if invitation has been already sent or not.

Since you have already invited these people, "invitation to be friend" button is not available to you. It will be available to somebody who is not friend yet with these people. If you log out and access those profiles, this button will show up for you, as system doesn't know who you are.

Bogdan

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!