Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Presenting the Futuristic Art of Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene
11/2/2009 2:47:51 AM

Hello Alain,

Thanks for coming by. You are right, the photos are outstanding. The problem is, who is their author?

Friends, I am afraid that so far we only have the name of a famous composer of electronic music, Jean Michel Jarrè, and the name of his first album, Oxygene, which music was used as an excellent background or accompaniment to the images that we are all celebrating. I don't even know who the compiler of the images is, only a name, "c.bibi", but the music sounds great, it is sort of futuristic (or was back in the late Seventies) and it is pretty stimulating, as can be appreciated from the video below.

I am very sorry, it is all I have found. If I find anything else, I will tell you immediately.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2009 5:54:24 AM
Hi Miguel,

I found this topic accidentally and I am jolly for that.
All pics are beautiful.

It is not easy to tell which one is most inspiring. Maybe this one, with enough (harmonized) contrasts. The luck of gradation of importance (in it) simply amazes me. Just in a few minutes watching to it .... I found one of very important keys.

SETTING UP THE GOAL (in our daily life) may be a very wise decision.
But it requires SURGERY :) .... cutting off (our attention) THE FLOW !!! Or, trying to force the flow to stay within 1 liter bottle. ARE WE SMART?

Look at this pics.
WHAT`S IMPORTANT IN IT ?
The path? It is. But WHO`S THIS PATH IS?
The light? It is.
Personality? BUT WHO`s?

The personality of LIFE.
We usually cherish (or have the dressage) any of our personalities.
But one day, THE MAIN ONE comes to announce : I AM LEAVING ALL OF YOU.
Which one?

LIFE.

Worry (concern) , dedication, focusing ...... repeating mantras, intentions ..... IS OUR SUPERFICIAL AND VIOLENT SURGERY.

Before we command, WE SHOULD LISTEN.

Life is OLDER AND WISER THAN WE.

Thank you very much for bringing this KEY-PICS. I can`t appreciate enough.

Branka

+0
11/2/2009 6:44:06 PM

Awsome presentation Luis,

Jean Michel Jarre, "... has sold an estimated 80 million albums and singles. He was the first western musician to be allowed to perform in the People's Republic of China, and holds the world record for the largest ever audience at an outdoor event."

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2009 1:44:18 AM

Dear Branka,

Thank you for your fascinating reflections about the images, particularly the one you chose to comment on. As usual, they are so profound that I will need a couple of days at least to just begin to ponder on them. Lol

But seriously now, I completely agree with you on your amazement about the lack of gradation of what is important in it. I guess it was that and the absolute, divine beauty captured from Mother Nature by the artist which so strongly gripped me from the start. And I say "the" artist because with the probable exception of the last image presented, I feel quite sure that they are all the work of one great photographer only.

By the way, I don't know you, but to me it is really frustrating not to know who that author may be. He must be pretty famous, and his photographs should be easily recognizable once you know what to look for. I guess I will google tomorrow for something like "3-D futuristic photos" and see whether or not I am right about their being the work of only one person.

You are also very right to wonder in the factors that are not strictly aestetic in these fabulous works. Actually that is what makes the difference between art that merely consists of beautiful images and that art which we may call trascendental art.

The fact that we are not dealing here with one of the tradicional forms of art but "only" with photography is of course irrelevant. There was more art in the finger that pressed the camera obturator to obtain these wonderful photos than in all the ability and the paraphernalia of most of the so-called modern artists.

Thanks again for your important contribution,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2009 2:40:37 AM

Dear Jan,

Thank you for your contribution. I loved the music of Jean Michel Jarre in the video. It unfortunately is now only accessible at You Tube itself, as it apparently has been de-activated on request. But all the same, it is great.

While listening to it, I suddenly realized how good the creator of the highly stimulating Power-Point presentation that motivated this thread was at his job. I mean, I imagined myself flying on an helicopter over all those fantastic landscapes to the accompaniment of Jean Michel Jarre's music... they so perfectly matched.

I must mention at this point that in my almost total ignorance of his music, I thought at first that the photos were the main feature in the presentation and that they were only accompanied by the music, and not vice versa as it actually is. To be frank, it is only now that this is dawning upon me, as for many months the presentation title - Super-3D Images - made me think that way. That was of course the reason of my presenting them at this forum, an art forum, in the first place. And that is also the reason why until yesterday I found it incomprehensible that Jean Michel Jarre was actually a music and not a photographer.

Which reminds me of Roger's title for his already famous topic, "How little we know?" also in this forum. Well, this time too I will answer myself: "Very little indeed!"

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!