Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The DIVINE Greek Teachers
10/11/2009 11:14:11 AM
Georgios,

Now this is so amazing.

I have two special guests here (one couple) and the both are interrupted each few seconds by their cellular phones . So, while they speak ... I am online (don`t like time wasting) .

WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME THAT I HAVE HEARD YOUR FIRST TWO SENTENCES FROM THIS RESPONSE TO ME???? (And later, when logged in, I COULD ALSO READ THEM :) )

OMG!!!!

I have heard you mentioning your previous forum and Bogdan`s participation in it. Then - pondered a little on the subject called Bogdan Fiedur - and found myself with luck of any words.

Seldom I am speechless.

Thanks Georgios. This would be my favorite topic for the sure.
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/11/2009 1:12:05 PM

Hello Dear Georgios!

As usual My friend, what an Outstanding Work on these Wonderful Greek Teachers... Greece is most certainly the Birthplace of Philosophy! ... with Divine Teachers indeed!

Thank You for sharing with us such an incredible amount of Sources and Knowledge!

Have a Wonderful Sunday!

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/11/2009 7:38:00 PM

pythagoras.jpg pythagoras picture by romacmail

P Y T H A G O R A S

Thank you so much for this information Georgios.

The world owes so much to the great minds of Greece.

So much of what we consider now to be civilized is based upon Greek models.

Some of the theories and findings of these great people seem obvious to us now but when you consider the known knowledge and lack of modern facilities and also the average life-span these folk were intellectual giants.

Architectecture (a passion of mine) alone is so blessed with the wonderful rules established by the scholars.

Wonderful forum my friend. You do your nation proud.

Roger

+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/14/2009 1:07:03 PM
Hello Georgios,

I'm very glad to see that you have started a new thread giving to adland community a fresh air about knowledge. I've already shared it in facebook and Viadeo.

You're absolutely right about the time you need to find all recourses relative to ancient Greek wisdom but it worths the time you spend on it.

Best regards,

Dimitra

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The DIVINE Greek Teachers, ZEIN-EU ZEIN
10/14/2009 6:01:32 PM
Hello Branka!

I use to say that Hellenic Wisdom and Knowledge and Spirit are the total Global heritage.
Being Hellenic doesn't mean being born Greek. No, no, no! If I said that I would be wrong.

The ancient Greek culture was different from all the other known cultures because of one simple thing. In all the other cultures knowledge was hidden from people. Though most of Greek philosophers were aristocrats and decedents from kings and noble families they acted as common people willing to teach all people about everything that was secret to them till their time.

Greeks conquered the world thrice using trading but their real tool was not only being good and honest business people, their strong weapon was introduction to wisdom and what comes out of it to simple people. The juice of knowledge is the dialog and the arguments. Having good social standings, good manners and being schooled, convinces everyone to accept you as a "friend".

The most holy thing for Greeks was their PHILO-XENIA (hospitality). If i am guest friendly (good to strangers) I may have their same treatment when I visit their homes. And who was the patron of hospitality? Yes the greatest of all, Zeus the king of gods and human beings. As for example reading the Bible with mind from all perspectives you will see and find that JAHVE (a variation of Jove, Zeus) the God of Hebrews, Jews and many Semites is a God that punishes strangers and forces the His chosen people to war with strangers and separates them from being engaged with strangers.This is the high point that makes ancient Greeks different from others. Giving light and spirit to the blind strangers makes you accepted and welcome.

See the English language how bad and unwelcoming it is? Welcome is a combined word originated 'well" [Greek root  "eu-"] meaning 'good' and the old Germanic word "kommen"  meaning 'come'. Loosing an "L" (It should be written wellcome) means that you lost the connection to the roots which also means you lost the spirit of the word.

Some nice words pure Greek words eu-charism, eu-logy, eu-aesthic,
and combined words welcome, welfare "eu zein".

WOW what did I say welfare = eu zein, a universal code translated to anotjher langage which lost the code message. Yeahhh. The root of the word "Zeus" comes from "zein" (in oriental the say zen) which in Greek means life, so welfare "well-fare" means a happy life journey.

"My life (ZEIN) I owe to my parents my welfare (EU ZEIN) to my teachers"
[Alexander The Great]

Hey Sister from north. Well there is much to say! I will hold my running tongue.We have to meet one day and during a nice dinner discuss things from close. Today I started my peripatic academic school. I this school of few chosen friends I am both teacher and student. Learning is a continuous life long procedure.

Friendly yours,
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!