Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The DIVINE Greek Teachers
10/28/2009 1:14:25 PM
Quote:
The most known Greek philosophers will be added in the topic

PLATO - The Divine Teacher

Plato is the founder of the Academy. The school founded by this antique philosopher, became a prototype of modern higher education. Contemporaries named him «the divine teacher»: in his works it was spoken about an ideal society structure and immortality of soul. Ancient Greek thinker Plato said, that «time is a moving similarity of eternity».

PLATO
Click above for a documentary clip

Plato is credited with starting Idealism with his teachings of only ideas are real and all other things only reflect ideas. According to Plato, the most important idea is the idea of good and using skills of knowledge to serve humanity. His ideas about soul immortality and eternity contributed to the development of Christian theology.

His real name was Aristocles (meaning Excellent glory). Platon means broad "wide". He got this name for two reasons: a) He was a broad-shouldered athlete, b) he was a broad minded person or as I use to say a wide brained thinker and philosopher and I believe he got his name from the second reason.

Kindly Regards
Georgios

Dear Georgios,

Glad to join you here. Due to the new system at Adlandpro.com, I missed you all. ....i.e. 8 friendly invites and over 100 forum invitations pending to be replied by me. Under that, I found yours and I am here now.... I shall go through very interesting and importat vital informations about Greeks, the best intellectuals of the past.... for example, as mentioned above about PLATO.....

Today morning I read in an Astrological magazine about him....the author says about Plato.....THE GREEK PHILOSOPHER PLATO DURING THE YEAR 400 BC, A NEW PHILOSOPHIC/SPIRITUAL TRUTH EMERGED AND HE GAVE TO THE WORLD.......'NO GOD EXISTS SEPARATELY. BUT THIS UNIVERSE IS SURROUNDED WITH THE COSMIC/UNIVERSAL FORCE/SHAKTHI, WHICH IS THE ONLY LORD. AND MAN IS A PART OF THIS UNIVERSAL ENERGY/FORCE....'

The moment I read about this in our local magazine, I thought about you or search in web to find out more about him and the astrological/astronimical ancient Greek Philosophic truths/thoughts etc., Even today, we all worship the main 9 planets/Stars, ie.., Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Kethu, 27 Stars etc., in all our HinduTemples....believed to ward away all evil deeds/actions, grant us boons, drive the diseases far away from us, saving us from sins of the past ancient lineages/generations etc.., But they all originated/found out by ancient Greeks, as mentioned by the author....VERY GREAT GREEKS OF THE PAST, GEORGIOS.... I WISH TO SHARE AND WANT TO KNOW MORE, WITH YOU...

THANKS FOR INVITING ME OVER HERE.....

With Love and Peace

Rajaram S.K.

S.K. Rajaram
+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The DIVINE Greek Teachers
10/29/2009 2:12:08 PM

DEAR EMBODIMENTS OF LOVE,

WHO BECOMES/REALISES BRAHMAN AND HOW?

LORD KRISHNA DECLARES in BhagawadGeetha;

THE GLORIES OF THE DIVINE

Lord Krishna.

Chapter XIII

The field and its Knower

The Blessed Lord Krishna said:

Verse 31

When he sees the whole variety-of-beings, as resting in the One, and spreading forth from That (One) alone, he then becomes BRAHMAN.
S.K. Rajaram
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!