Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 'How little we know?' by Roger Macdivitt
10/10/2009 6:24:12 AM

Luis,

That's an interesting thought. I wonder if there is any record anywhere of where he painted this composition?

Very intriguing.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2009 6:09:32 PM

Hello again Roger,

I am very sorry, I should have made some research before trying such a long shot. Winslow Homer traveled two times to Europe, the first one to Paris in 1867, where he remined only a year, and the second  in 1881 to your country, where he spent two years in the coastal village of Cullercoats, Tyne and Wear (in the North-East). The beautiful watercolors with which you created this thread come from that stay. But I am afraid the year in which he painted Casting, Number 2, 1892, does not coincide with either of those travels.

Of course he could have painted it inspired in his memories of Paris and Monet, but no one will ever believe such an assumption.  It WAS far-fetched, and the possibilities of receiving a journalistic award on my "discovery" have suddenly become zero. Aaaaaay  ... 

Homer Winslow - Fisherwomen, Cullercoats (1881)

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel G.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/12/2009 1:16:07 AM

Sunlight on the coast

Yet another great seascape

Sunlight_on_the_Coast1.jpg picture by romacmail

Roger

+1
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/12/2009 5:11:24 AM
Hi Miguel and Roger,

Visiting this thread almost daily ... but my inspiration to share anything, has been captured by another delights .

Just to thank you for keeping this great thread alive.

Miguel - hope you are happy.

Much love to all,

Branka

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2009 3:46:31 AM

Dear Branka,

Thank you so much for caring. I am as happy as I can be, even though I have been missing you and all of my classroom mates. Actually I have been missing the entire Adland community in no lesser extent, since only sporadically have I been able to show up for a quick congratulation or a most urgent reply.  

As you know, certain difficulties have been forcing me to look for something that could restore my somewhat deteriorated finances (this has to be the understatement of the year). Therefore, during the entire week I have been trying to arouse interest in a new opportunity with all the spirit that I was able to muster. At the same time, with a view to keep my inner self in as healthy a condition as possible, and using the few hours that I had available, I have been writing a new article that unexpectedly took longer than I anticipated. Fortunately it was completed and posted first hour today (you may find it here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/569870/AJourneytotheMountainofLove/1815.aspx). 

Apart from that, I have been taking my dogs out for our daily walk as usual, eating, sleeping a few hours a day, etcetera. All of this, I have to say, has been accomplished to the daily accompaniment of that particular version of the Gayatri Mantra that you kindly offered me.

Can you believe that at certain moments in the day I have been feeling intensely happy? It's true, especially when walking with my dogs in the early morning and coming back home in the late afternoon, I have been feeling like singing aloud while rythmically marching with them almost at a military pace.

So there has not been any new miracle yet, but anyway, I am so happy. I believe it is writing my article that has been putting me in this mood.

Love,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!