Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Is this even polite??
12/7/2005 2:28:56 PM
Hi: What incredible replies. Dr Bob, you make excellent points as usual. Your post on page one is one that many people should read twice. At least. Arthur - I'd love some of these threads to be required reading. lol. It would prevent a lot of people from feeling guilty -- or overwhelmed, too. For Deb, Mark and anyone else who felt bad about "not having the time..." -- don't ever feel bad. I can never say it enough, but time is the most precious thing we have. If we lose possessions, we can get them back. Lose money - we can get it back. Time is the one thing we can never get back. Never feel guilty for choosing how to spend yours, and how NOT to spend it. : ) Linda P.S. Mark - I, too, "allot" how much time I spend each day in email and forums. I might toss the schedule out the window now and then if I'm having fun (like last night's hangman) - but I usually follow a schedule. I don't work with my email open, either. I find it distracting.
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/7/2005 2:30:22 PM
Hi Linda, Very well said! It is virtually impossible to post in all of the forums that you recieve invites to. Unless possibly that's all you day all day and post "drive bys" never to return. I have seen that happen as well. Someone posts in a forum...deletes. The forum owner may post back to that person. And the person is never seen again. What could be more rude?! As you say it's everyones own opinion. I think this is a broad issue here at Adland. All I can say is I always wish everyone luck in all they do. And that dosen't mean I'll say it in every forum I am invited to. Good luck, Angela
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/7/2005 5:03:15 PM
Hi Linda, Thanks for the invite, I will look at it. Bob
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/7/2005 5:20:56 PM
Hi Bob, Regarding your last post... I will read it tomorrow. If it interests me I will get back to you. If not, I won't. However, if I don't get back to you then it may not be that I wasn't interested. It may be because: (a) I did not have time, or (b) I forgot. Politely yours, Gary Simpson
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/7/2005 5:39:00 PM
Very good info Linda. A while ago (three or four months ago) I did a forum purge. That was just before they implemented the changes here in the forums. You want to talk about upsetting a lot of people. Though there's still a ways to go. I think the changes they made here in the forums is one of the better things that has happened since I've been a member. If anyone finds that they are getting way too many emails, there's also the option of turning off the delivery feature here. Since doing that I don't get bombarded with the hundreds of requests in my email anymore. Now when I want to join a forum, it's because I went in search of the information. Now instead, I get an odd PM with someone promoting their business, which is much easier to deal with. A process which most people won't take the time to do because it's so labour intensive.
+0