Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Tip for Getting People to Your Forums
11/28/2005 1:29:17 AM
Hello Linda, That's a great tip. Thanks so much. Cheers! Ricardo
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/28/2005 2:43:39 PM
Linda, Another great topic with great responses. You are so right about building trust and interest. I get so many requests to join my forum or a notice of a new post, that I have to weed out those that are not of interest to me and those by people that irratate me. When I am selling, I get to the point, but you have to develop repore first. I am gaining so many great ideas from your teaching. Thanks and please keep it up. :)
+0
11/28/2005 2:50:01 PM
Hi Kathy! ========================================== I am gaining so many great ideas from your teaching. Thanks and please keep it up. ========================================== Thank you for saying that. And you're very welcome. It feels good to know I'm helping and that you enjoy my posts. : ) Linda
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/28/2005 3:40:38 PM
Linda, when you say:"I probably do not include such a tradition? Rudy, that sounds almost judgemental... *wink* What happened to judge not, that ye be not judged? MATTHEW 7:1-5, isn't it? It's not judgemental, it's making an assumption. I will not be taken for a door mat or pansy when it comes to having an opinion about application of one's traditions and faith based values and I'm glad you also will not take it sitting down. THE LAW IS THE LAW So if the government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it. And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it. And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it. I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding citizen. I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions. I would like to think that those people have the public's best interests at heart. BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE? Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas..... celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of life. I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day. I'd like our Government to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day. I'd like ALL Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all ~~~it's just another day. I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct." In fact.... I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day.... If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the majority" of ALL of the people. SO BE IT........... RETURN SANITY TO America!
+0
11/28/2005 4:17:33 PM
Hi Rudy! ======================================== BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE? Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas..... celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of life. I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day. ======================================== AMEN to that!! And the Sunday pay and the overtime pay, and etc., and etc. I agree 200% There's far too much "when in Rome, do as the Romans do -- but when in North America, do what you want because we're politically correct." Why aren't other countries politically correct? LOL : ) Linda
+0