Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Tip for Getting People to Your Forums
11/29/2005 8:43:29 AM
Linda, I am so glad I decided to start networking and you invited me to your forums! This one I had to copy and save in my files for quick recovery. It is going to take me quite awhile to get through all of the good posts that you have but what I've read so far has really been worthwhile reading. I had to laugh at the picture of a guy going into a bar. "Imagine, for a minute, that you're a single guy walking into a bar. You don't holler out to the crowd "Hey, who wants it hot and heavy?" Do you? No." Martha
+0
11/29/2005 9:33:16 AM
Hi Martha: I'm glad you're enjoying my forums and that you're finding it worthwhile reading. Those words mean a lot to me. : ) LOl at the picture of the guy in the bar. Funny that so many people market that way. By the way -- when you get on your other computer and are working on your site, some paypal "buy now" buttons under your painted gourds would be a GREAT idea. People often hesitate to ask for a price in case it's more than they want to pay - but if a buy button is there - they do click when they like what's for sale. : ) Linda
+0
11/29/2005 1:09:54 PM
I used to have a site set up with the paypal buttons and then tried to go the shopping cart route with it. Never could get it working. That site accidently got deleted ( a very good lesson learned in not backing things up) and I have never gotten around to working at it again. I think paypal has gotten much better than when it first came out so will be giving it another go. I sort of got discouraged with it. Martha
+0
11/29/2005 1:24:08 PM
Hi Martha; Yes, paypal has gotten much better since ebay bought them. If a shopping cart would work better for you, paypal also offers a cart, too (not just buy buttons) ... or you could also look at the one at www.mals-e.com It's set up to use paypal as the default, although it also works with authorize.net and other payment processors, too. I use both (paypal's cart and Mal's cart) and they're both pretty good to work with. If you'd like to see sites that use each of the two so you can compare how they look ON a site, let me know and I'd be happy to post a couple of sites you can look at. : ) Linda
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/29/2005 10:15:21 PM
Linda, I have to say that I read your forum threads as much for your answers to the comments you get as for the initial information. I'm continually amazed at how far afield people will go in them. And continually amused at how easily you set them straight. As always, a very informative and entertaining thread. Cheri
+0