Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Tip for Getting People to Your Forums
11/27/2005 10:02:32 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ People selectively listen or hear what they want to hear, not what they should be paying attention to. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Of course they do. Just an observation, but who's to say what they should be paying attention to? People read what they want and ignore the rest. If it's not of interest to them why would they? ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ If I would post in my forum about reducing automotive maintenance and operation expenses with a certain product option, do you think people would flock to that forum? ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ If you are reaching out to the right audience I think the answer to your question would be "yes". Now if you are trying to pass that info on the the average person who doesn't give a hoot about reducing automotive maintenance etc, then the answer would be "no". The secret seems to lie in finding the audience and thus one of the reasons people do so miserably in promoting their businesses through forums. They spend way to much time trying to promote a business in a forum at a webstie that is totaly unrelated to what their business is about.
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/27/2005 11:06:58 AM
Linda: Re: "Going to church in the morning has nothing to do with understanding human nature and learning to fine tune one's marketing." On this we disagree. You probably do not include such a tradition, therefore should refrain from making such a criticism. I'm puzzled about - "2) And as for topic - if you ran a forum for car buffs, I don't think you'd find any shortage of visitors. I know there are guys that *don't* stick their head under the hood - but I've never known any of them."
+0
Janise Collins

369 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/28/2005 12:25:26 AM
Linda, You are so right on the money with this tidbit of information and wisdom. Thank you so much for the invitation and the incentive to be more precise in my marketing strategy. Have a blessed and successful day! Your friend, Classic Corners "Nothing is impossible when you dream" http://jcollins1.fggweb.com http;//www.classicwebstore.com
Hope to meet you soon! Regards, Classic Corners http://www.classicwebstore.com
+0
11/28/2005 1:06:20 AM
Hi Rudy; ========================================= Re: "Going to church in the morning has nothing to do with understanding human nature and learning to fine tune one's marketing." On this we disagree. You probably do not include such a tradition, therefore should refrain from making such a criticism. ========================================= I probably do not include such a tradition? Rudy, that sounds almost judgemental... *wink* What happened to judge not, that ye be not judged? MATTHEW 7:1-5, isn't it? "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? You see, here's how I see it. If I run my business as efficiently as I can, I can then afford to help others. I can donate to charity - to help feed the hungry and clothe the needy. I cannot help others if my own coffers are bare. I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35 As always, of course, it is anyone's prerogative to agree or disagree. But when I see hungry children eat because I was able to give, or needy children in warm clothing because I was able to give - I will hold my opinion that it is a good thing to labour in order that I might help others. : ) Incidentally, I don't think that frequency of going to church has much relevance anymore. There are many people that go to church on Sunday and lie, cheat and steal the rest of the week. And, conversely, there are many people helping those in direst need, yet have not been inside of a church in a long time. I think, ultimately, it is how we live our lives seven days a week that serves as the greatest measure of character. That's just my humble opinion, of course. ========================================== I'm puzzled about - "2) And as for topic - if you ran a forum for car buffs, I don't think you'd find any shortage of visitors. I know there are guys that *don't* stick their head under the hood - but I've never known any of them." ========================================== What I meant is that *most* guys that I have known over the years have some interest in automobiles. Some simply care about maintaining them - others are car buffs that like to tinker and rebuild. All in all, there are plenty of topics related to automobiles that would be of interest to many. For example, I'm sure you could find plenty of "cold weather car tips" that might be of interest to anyone that is going into winter right now. At the bottom of each tip, you could list a benefit of the product you sell. I know the list is long. As an analogy, a client that I once did marketing for sold a diet product. We distributed free low calorie recipes and heart smart cooking tips. At the bottom of each, we included another of the benefits of the client's product over fad diets. People enjoyed the tips and recipes - and it increased awareness of the product benefits. It's generally more effective than just sending out ads for the product itself. In your case, you would be doing people a service by helping them twice. Once with tips they can use - and if they purchase your product, their vehicle will run more efficiently. : ) Linda
+0
11/28/2005 1:09:17 AM
Hi John! ======================================== its just a shame that too many of us ignore the fact that people buy people first ======================================== Excellent way to put it. Yes indeed - when we like someone, we are inclined to want to see what they sell, and why, and what they do. Why? Because we like them. Same as when a friend says "Oh, you MUST try this..." and we do. And, just the opposite, once someone has annoyed us one time too many, they could be selling the most wonderful thing in the world and we couldn't care less. A shame people don't stop to think about that, indeed. : ) Linda
+0