Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: My experience with Meditation
11/16/2005 6:31:10 PM
I think the closest I've come to meditation is sitting by a fire. I get lost watching the flames dance around, listening to it crackle.... I'm not sure I do any thinking, but it's soothing and relaxing. Both me and my brother can sit for hours by a fire, while others have to jump up and go do something. Is dreaming considered a form of meditating?
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/16/2005 10:43:32 PM
Linda, I believe meditation is often neces- sary to keep one's sanity. I like to include meditation with prayer, espe- cially in a small group of people. While they are praying, I meditate, and it's a way of relieving stress.
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
11/16/2005 11:19:17 PM
Hey Sandy, my dear friend, I think relaxing by the fire is a great way to meditate. To me, anything that calms my mind and helps me quiet the chatter and listen to my inner voice or my higher power or whatever you call it is a form of meditation. Dreaming? Hmmm... I don't know if that is meditating or not. Maybe someone else can address that.
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
11/17/2005 12:16:03 AM
Hi James, Do you agree that prayer is talking TO God and meditation is LISTENING to God? I love that.
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
11/17/2005 5:42:34 AM
I think meditation can be understood as different things for different people. But when I talk meditation I mean something that takes you from the surfuce to the depth of the mind. Like an ocean, which is agitated with waves on the surface and quiet at the bottom, so is the mind. Two sides of the same coin. In this sense, to meditate is like to travel in a submarine, starting on the surface to land at the bottom. Also, about dreaming or day dreaming... To meditate in the sense I do it, as more to do with deep sleep than with dreaming. This doesn't mean that dreaming is not good. It is good and you need to do it to be able to live a healthy life. Phisiologically, meditation is more like deep sleeping, but without loosing awereness. The body gets in a state more like during deep sleep; brain waves, as seen in EEG, associate patterns of deep sleep together with patterns typical of high alertness. You go beyond the thoughts in a process of refining more and more the thinking activity,until you experience the most refined aspect of the thought process and eventually you leave it, you transcend it, go even beyond that refined level of thought to experience the actual thinker, the subject, that level where you are that transcendental consciousness wherefrom all thoughts can be generated. And, in TM, you do it very naturally and easilly, without strain or effort. As you experience a thought in an increasing refinig process, activity of the mind reduces, silence increases and the mind expands in more alertness. It's an awakening process, more and more counscious and present . Different than wavering from thought to thought and from image to image as found in dreaming. What happens during deep sleep? you don't know. One looses awereness, is unconscious. Durind meditation you add awereness and you know, even though you are more rested and relaxed than in deep sleep. You get to know your own Self. God bless you all Emanuel
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!