Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
more quotes on defeat
10/8/2005 2:04:15 PM
More Quotes and History to enrich your life http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8190 My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories.-Bjorn Borg Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.- F. Scott Fitzgerald Life is just one crushing defeat after another.-Homer Simpson There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose.-Kin Hubbard Heroes are made in the hour of defeat. Success is, therefore, well described as a series of glorious defeats.-Mohandas K. Gandhi What if everything that exists is fragmentary, incomplete, aborted, events with ends but no beginnings with us constantly making categories, seeking out, and reconstructing, until we think we can see total love, betrayal and defeat, although in reality we are all no more than haphazard fractions. The mind, for its own self-preservation, finds and integrates scattered fragments. Using religion and philosophy as the cement, we perpetualy collect and assemble all the garbage comprised by statistics in order to make sense out of things, to make everything respond in one unified voice like a bell chiming to our glory. But it's only soup. The mathematical order of the universe is our answer to the pyramids of chaos. -Stanislaw Lem It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.-Theodore Roosevelt Enjoy the abundance in your life today. Have a wonderful day ! Peace, Love, Liberty Kris McCraw

imercury aka Kristopher McCraw
Multicultural Social News Network
Watkins Naturals Home Business OpportunityWatkins Naturals Home Business
+0
Douglas Grounds

334 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: more quotes on defeat
10/8/2005 4:24:03 PM
Some of the greatest men in the bible never used the word defeat they kept pressing on toward the goal and that is victory. Douglas Grounds http://urlget.com/vitamin
Douglas Grounds
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A man is not finished when he is defeated...
10/8/2005 6:12:31 PM
Hi Bogdan, Defeated or quiting is not in my vocabulary, but thank you for the quote,kathy martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
10/9/2005 1:25:45 PM
Hi Bogdan, Very apt quote. I too, do not know the meaning of the word defeated, but then I do not know the meaning of a lot of words. Your security minded friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Michael Rogers

760 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/9/2005 2:30:16 PM
Hello Bogdan, This is so "true" ! Hope your enjoying your Sunday respectfully,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!