Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: More on Fake lottery scam emails for ALP members to beware of.
10/7/2005 10:51:39 AM
Leanne, Forward them on to the appropriate authority in your particular country. Their will be a goverment dept set-up for dealing with these type of scams. Maybe I should do a bit of research & find the email addresses of most of the major Countries Govt dept's for this kind of reporting, & post them for everyone here. Any clues anyone? Your security minded friend in Las Vegas.
+0
10/7/2005 10:53:38 AM
Hi Paul, One of the curses of trying to run a business on the Internet. your security minded friend in Las Vegas.
+0
10/7/2005 11:02:12 AM
Helen, My friend, there are a lot of people in this world who, by no fault of there own (Well not always) are in a desperate situation for cash, & these people are the ones that the scammers are after. Your security minded friend in Las Vegas.
+0
10/7/2005 11:05:28 AM
Kees, Yes I do delete them, after I report the senders to the appropriate authorities, but not before I warn all of the members of our community here at ALP. Your security minded friend in Las Vegas.
+0
10/7/2005 11:09:21 AM
James & Billie, Nice to see you here, Yes, you would think that most people would know if they had entered a lottery or not. However, some of these 'winning notifications' state that your email address has been entered into their lottery, from a European collection agency. That is how a lot of the people who get conned, get 'conned' Your security minded friend in Las Vegas.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!