Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hope. The Early Stage Of Healing
10/6/2005 11:54:31 AM
Julie, ( still have some undesirable anger when it comes to expressing help in that area from my experiences so please excuse me) They are going to have to make there own choices! As awful as it is to see it and it be your child, there are some things you can not help. It is not your fault when it comes to this kind of illness. People have to be responsable for there own actions!!!! This is an Adult child right??? 18 and under it is your problem to do all you can. After, well....... There an Adult now. It hurt allot!!! Know that you just have to put faith and hope in Gods Hands. He is in control of it all. (I hope God does not offend you) Don't know who believes and who doesn't around here sometimes.. Sorry if I seem cold about this. This subject does it too me every time. I would love to talk some time. Write or Call. Let me know how you feel Julia. YourFriend,
+0
10/6/2005 2:18:30 PM
Hi Julie and Lisa I am so glad that you two have found each other. Each of you carries a burden so great that someone without a mental illness issue in their life could not possibly understand. That is until now. Someone somewhere either has or will read your words and begin to see the reality of mental illness.They will begin to see that there really is such a terrible illness as mental illness. It might be a minister who decides to open up his church basement so those with a mental illness issue can meet and share their stories. It might be a politician that will be casting a vote on a mental health bill next month.Or, it might be someone else suffering that finally realizes that there are people he can talk to without being afraid or feeling like nobody cares anyhow. I truly believe in the power of sharing. I believe that sharing spreads hope and that hope will lead to the faith that someone will need in order to survive their illness. I know that your burden is heavy but I hope that by knowing that your sharing will help someone else on the long road to recovery, your burden is lightened. Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2005 3:04:21 PM
Thanks A Bunch William for your post too. I hope to hear from Julie soon. Thanks again. Your Friend,
+0
10/7/2005 4:49:28 AM
Hi Lisa I'm sorry about neglecting this forum like I have. I have been really busy with the forum that LaNell and I started. she wrote to me tonight and said that she has deleted the whole forum that we started together. She had to use someone elses computer and she just didn't have the time. You and the others that have posted on my forums are the founding members of our mental health forums. I sure hope you all stay with me. I know we lost a lot of good information on the other forum but honestly, I wanted to keep it more on a personal level anyhow.Please tell your friends about this forum. I won't be sending a bunch of ads or anything like that. I just want to get this message of hope out to those who are suffering with mental illness and to those who love the ones who are suffering. Thank you so much. Sincerly Bill Vanderbilt
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Julia Youngblood

113 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/7/2005 3:24:31 PM
Hi Bill, Hi Lee No apologizes needed Bill...time is an issue in everyone's life... I was so disappointed to see so many threads I had not had a chance to visit this morning that had been deleted last night...and all of the wonderful posts and information...but I found you again! And I am not going anywhere! I may not have a lot to offer at this point in time, other than raw feelings, but I'm here listening and learning...sharing where I can...I am so tied up in my own head that seems to be reeling from it all! And Lee, oh my dear, please do not think I was intentionally wanting to anger you. I do understand the unsatiable anger involved here! Believe me! I have more anger, mostly at myself, inside of me than, I fear a nucular weapon! Please forgive me. If you do not want to talk about things because of the blinding feelings that stand in your way...I understand! You do not come across as being cold as much as being protective. I completely understand! And I do understand too, that my son is an adult and responsible for his own decisions....but what I do not know is if he can even make a rational decison regarding his basic every day needs like, nurishing his body, or even eliminating waste from his body. I know when he was here at my house, he would go days without eliminations. I don't know how else to put it. These things are the things that worry me! As for me putting my faith into god...the word god, itself does not offend me...however, I am a pagan, in the truest sense of the word and I do pray and meditate...and send it back into the universe...I can do no more...I need to go now, I cannot type/think anymore...will continue another time...by the way, Lee, how would you like to be addressed? Lee, Lee Lu, Or Lisa? For future reference, I am Julia. Thanks. Julia
"To see the earth as it truly is, small and blue and beautiful in that eternal silence where it floats, is to see ourselves as riders on the earth together, brothers and sisters on that bright loveliness in the eternal."
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!