Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ally Vanderbilt

33 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Hope. The Early Stage Of Healing
10/10/2006 9:54:02 AM

To all of my friends here in Hope Stages of Healing.

We all have scars and beauty marks. For the scars are a reminder of what we endured and faced. The scars only you can see may look ugly to you, but that is the beauty marks that everyone else sees. 

Battle scars show us how far we have came, and how strong we are within. I have my share if scars in my 26 years of life, and that shows me I have a lot more scars to gain.

I love my scars, I do not want them to go away. I hope one day you will love your scars too. Do not hide your scars or battle wounds, if you hide them you hide the most beautiful part of you.

You will hide your heart, for it has been hurt before, you hide your inner strength to let others know you are strong and not going to let anything keep you down for long. 

Look at your scars one day and you will see, the beauty in you is what I see.

HOPE and LOVE goes a long way. If you give up on hope then you give up on love.  not only love in a relationship, but love in friendships too. 

Love,

Ally

+0
10/10/2006 1:47:53 PM

When the world gives up completely on love then all hope is gone!

love ya bill and ally!!!

Tracy

+0
10/12/2006 9:51:02 AM

Hello Everybody

Speaking of giving up and losing hope. Thiese are two things we just can't do with regard to our children and Autism. Here is what some people are doing to make a difference. There are many ways that you can help too. If you want more information, please just reply to this forum and I will send you a whole list of ways you can help.

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release:
October 12, 2006

Rita Shreffler, NAA (Nixa, MO) 417-818-9030
Wendy Fournier, NAA (Portsmouth, RI) 401-632-7523

National Autism Association Encourages Parents of Vaccine-Injured Children to Participate in Upcoming ACIP Meeting
Use of mercury in vaccines scheduled for discussion on October 25 in Atlanta

Nixa, MO – The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will meet October 25 and 26 at the CDC in Atlanta. Parents of children injured by the vaccine preservative thimerosal (mercury) plan to attend the meeting to demand that mercury be removed from vaccines, especially from flu shots currently recommended for pregnant women and young children.

This past June, the committee made no recommendations for thimerosal-free flu shots despite numerous requests from parents who traveled from all parts of the country to make statements to committee members. In response to a written request from National Autism Association board member Lyn Redwood, the committee has placed thimerosal on the meeting agenda for Wednesday, October 25. “Our government agencies, including the CDC, have for years shown concern over elevated mercury levels in newborns, yet this committee continues to insist that injecting mercury into pregnant women and infants is safe. This is a mixed message that must be addressed for the sake of our children’s health,” commented Ms. Redwood. “I’m glad the ACIP has placed this critical topic on the agenda so that parents can have a voice in the discussion.”

While thimerosal has been phased out of some vaccines, this form of mercury is still used in some vaccines including most flu shots. Environmental Protection Agency guidelines indicate that the 25 micrograms of mercury contained in thimerosal-preserved flu shots is safe for an adult weighing 550 pounds. A growing number of parents and scientists believe that the increased use of mercury-containing vaccines starting in the late 1980’s has led to the huge rise in autism that now affects one in 166 children in America. “To caution women against eating too much fish during pregnancy while advising them to take a mercury injection sounds ridiculous, yet that is exactly what is happening with the flu shot,” according to Ann Brasher, NAA vice president and grandmother of a mercury-injured ten year old boy. “Getting mercury out of vaccines is the ultimate no-brainer. Making vaccines as safe as possible should be this committee’s first priority.”

The committee consists of 15 experts in fields associated with immunization who have been selected by the Secretary of Health and Human Services to provide advice on immunizations. They develop written recommendations for the routine administration of vaccines to the pediatric and adult populations. ACIP is the only entity in the federal government that makes such recommendations.

Parents are urged to attend the ACIP meeting, or to mail letters to the committee requesting that a recommendation be made to provide only thimerosal-free flu shots to pregnant women and children. Parents can register to attend the meeting by visiting www.cdc.gov/nip/acip/dates.htm

Meeting Dates: October 25-26, 2006
1600 Clifton Road, NE
Building 19, Room 232, Auditorium B
Atlanta, Georgia 30333

To learn more about autism, visit www.nationalautism.org

-30-

Think Autism. Think Cure.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

The following link will take you to a program that I gave up on once but, I am now involved with again. Simply because a few friends of mine believe so whole heartedly in this program that they actually kept me in it for several months.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
10/14/2006 9:07:11 AM

Hello Everybody

There is a major problem when it comes to people with a mental illlness getting the care and treatment that so need. They can't get it. In most cases, in order for someone with a mental illness to receive treatment they must actually be a clear and eminant danger to themselves or others. The problem with this concept is that often times, when someone reaches this crises stage, the damage has already been done. Either this person has hurt themselves of someone else, is in jail or as in some cases, even dead. The following is a NAMI update with information about something you can do to help bring about some nessesary changes to our present system of mental health care

Home  •  Elected Officials  •  Issues  •  Election
Legislative Alerts and Updates Current Legislation Key Votes Capitol Hill Basics
Read about this bill
Action Alert Enter Your Zip Code:
Take Action Help Pass Mental Health Parity

Help Pass Mental Health Parity

In a seldom used parliamentary move, the lead sponsors of legislation requiring equitable coverage of mental illness treatment this past week filed a "discharge petition" demanding expedited action on the bill. The sponsors of the bill – Representatives Jim Ramstad (R-MN) and Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) – are now working to secure the required 218 signatures on their petition in order to force the bill before the full House. If they are able to achieve 218 signatures before the end of the year (and final adjournment), then a vote on the bill would have to occur.

It is important to note that the Paul Wellstone Mental Health Equitable Treatment Act (HR 1402) already has 229 House cosponsors, more than enough public supporters to ensure passage. Thus, in order for this discharge petition to be successful, the sponsors need only to get 218 of the 229 cosponsors to sign on.

Action Required

Advocates are strongly encouraged to contact their House member and urge them to sign on to the Ramstad-Kennedy discharge petition on HR 1402.

Remind your House members of the simple and powerful message that HR 1402 delivers:

1. Mental illnesses are real – just like heart disease, cancer and diabetes,
2. Treatment for mental illness works – if you can get it – and
3. There is no justification for health plans to impose discriminatory limits on treatment for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depression (caps on inpatient days & outpatient visits, higher cost sharing) that apply do not apply to all other illnesses.

Insurance discrimination is wrong and it must end!!! Now is the time to step up and demand that the House vote on HR 1402 this year.

All House offices can be reached by calling 202-224-3121. In addition, with the mid-term election now in full swing, advocates are strongly encouraged to reach out to all House members at public appearances they will be making over the next five weeks – candidate forums, radio talk show appearances, parades, county fairs, etc. – to demand support for HR 1402 and the Ramstad-Kennedy discharge petition.

Read about this bill
Take Action Now! Enter Your Zip Code: