Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Re: Spirituality and Success
11/13/2005 10:19:29 PM
Hey again Cheri, You can get a free CD or tape or listen online to an introduction to the Law of Attraction by Abraham at the http://www.Abraham-Hicks.com website. I also believe what Abraham says that "You can't get it wrong." That means that whatever we do here on Earth, we cannot get it wrong. I may not always understand WHY something happens, but I do take peace in know that there are no accidents and that everything - regardless of how it appears - serves a purpose. Radical Forgiveness has taught me to be the Observer of my own experiences... and when I can truly stand back and "observe" what is happening, I get a totally different perspective. I am very grateful for what I have learned over the last several years. And I am grateful for having found this forum and meeting you!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/13/2005 10:34:17 PM
Jack, Again, I'm not sure I'm understanding you. ============================================ The Jonestown massacre you mentioned, wasn't that partly because of blind faith? ============================================ I really am not trying to argue, I promise. I don't understand how one would capture information, not analyze it, and not be exhibiting blind faith. Am I missing something? ============================================ What I mean here is that we have a natural tendency to filter or block information based on some internal condition. In most cases it is a result of nuturing. ============================================ Yes, I have seen that at work in the world, not the least in instances where children have been nurtured to shun, dislike or even hate others because of different skin color. Yet, I was exposed to that kind of nurturing and it didn't "take". Even as a child and certainly as an adult, it never made any kind of sense to me. Was that a result of the filter not being sufficiently implanted or of my analysis of the incoming information determining that it was incorrect? Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/13/2005 10:43:55 PM
Linda, On behalf of myself and the lurkers (lol) thanks for that information. So good to know that I can't get it wrong... I used to have the disempowering suspicion that I've been getting it wrong all my life. A few weeks ago it came to me that all those experiences had to be to prepare me for the big AHA! moment I had when I realized I'm here to convey the message to others that it isn't too late. Whatever IT is, now is the perfect time. If I had reached this philosophy 30 years ago, I wouldn't know how to talk to people who are my age now and still seeking IT. Now, if I could only understand what Jack is trying to teach me... :-) Cheri
+0
11/13/2005 11:30:13 PM
Hi Cheri, I know you are not arguing and if you were that is okay. Blind Faith: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination I don't know what else I can say. From your comment it looks to me like you do understand. Let's think about it some more. Was that a result of the filter not being sufficiently implanted or of my analysis of the incoming information determining that it was incorrect? ..analysis of the incoming information... The wording is not in the correct order. The analysis occurs in the brain on the information that made it through your internal filter. Some people can't see the trees from the forest.
+0
11/14/2005 6:56:08 PM
Linda C. I couldn't agree with you more. I had some serious nurturing in a Christian environment, even got certificates. :-) At times I feel there is a constant flow of people trying to deceive me of my time and money. I just put another layer of skin on and then I feel more comfortable in saying, no thank you. To me the most important quality a person can have is honesty. All other qualities are a reflection of your honesty. I once told a fellow that if he had stolen from me I would not have minded but he didn't have to lie to me.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!