Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Woodson

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: THE NORTHERN RENAISSENCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
6/12/2009 9:59:21 AM

Well, Luis Miguel, you've really outdone yourself this time!

What a presentation this is! I, like Branka can't see the pictures you've posted, but when I click to enlarge, there they are in all their glory - or otherwise. I think the closest I've ever come to understanding the midevil mind and struggle with the good/evil concept is through spending time with Bosch's paintings, especially the garden, and it's been way too many years since I've done so.

In fact, I've spent so much time enjoying this that I really must now hurry to my garden to water before it gets too hot.

Thanks so much for the invitation.

Judy 

+1
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/12/2009 11:40:43 AM
Hello Luis Miguel,

Thank you for your invitation. This is really a very good idea to feature Hieronymus Bosch's painting.

Well, I didn't have the opportunity to see his work in a museum but I've seen many of his paintings in books. I always was amazed by his work. I was staring in his pictures for somewhile to see all details and I found him so different from other painters of all centuries. You can love him or you may hate him. I just find him very interesting.

Thank you for sharing. As Branka said above, I cannot see the paintings although my connection is not slow! I post one below and I hope you haven't done it already (lol).

Regards,

Dimitra

+0
U
U U

25 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/12/2009 1:13:59 PM

Bosch's Work is quiet an interesting one. It reminds us of the primitive life years ago.

Although, Bosch did not share all his talents and Ideas. Yet , his art work was tremendious and did potray the real primitive /ancent nature of life."It is generally accepted that Bosch’s art was created to teach specific moral and spiritual truths in the manner of other Northern Renaissance figures, such as the poet Robert Henryson, and that the images rendered have precise and premeditated significance. According to Dirk Bax, Bosch’s paintings often represent visual translations of verbal metaphors and puns drawn from both biblical and folkloric sources."

MIRACLE

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2009 1:43:03 PM

Hello Luis Miguel,

Thanks for the personal invite much appreciated.

Bosch is unique in his art medium and I can't compare him to any other artist. The special way he approaches his subjects and topics is quite fascinating and not always a delight to the eye but the more you study it the more it talks to you.

Thanks for your dedication to the world of art and sharing it with us.

Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2009 4:59:14 PM

Hello my friend Luis,

Thanks for the invitation and indeed for re-opening your very interesting forum. And many kudos to Kathleen for the huge inspirations here.

These are great and fascinating art work by Hieronymus. I have not known much about this lovely artist (I hope to read him up in the net) but I love the heavy Christian message and the symbolic character and time respresentation in all his works.

Forums like yours should be encouraged as it brings so much interest and knowledge into the community.

Many thanks for a wonderful job, please endeavour to keep it running.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!