Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE NORTHERN RENAISSANCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
6/14/2009 6:22:07 AM

Dear Branka,

I am very sorry for my delay in answering. It seems I am more and more busy every day. I even was not able to show up here yesterday.

Anyway, thank you very much for posting. I am so glad that you enjoyed the written material. However, the fact that you were not able to see the images must have been a real nuisance. Since I felt dissapointed when I learned about, I can just imagine how dissapointed you must have been by it, and it is perfectly understandable that you felt uninspired for that reason. However, since Judy also could not see the pictures, I am afraid the problem could be caused by my hosting service (as all the pictures in this forum I usually host in my own sites) and not your computer. Would you be so kind as to make sure that even now you are not seeing them and then tell me?

I would have so much enjoyed your commentary about Bosch's work, especially about his master piece that I believe I love the most, his Saint John the Baptist in the Wilderness! Do you have a best favorite among his paintings as well? I would really like to know.

Another painting by Bosch that I very much like is The Hay Wain's outer wings. It represents the path of life of course. I love the naivete of the entire scene and also about the traveler's face. I feel I can identify with him. Please accept it as a token of my appreciation for your visit. I so hope you can see it. I will link it to the big original image in case you cannot so you may click on it and see it enlarged.

Hieronymus Bosch - The Hay Wain outer wings

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2009 8:57:34 AM

Dear LaNell,

Thank you very much for your kind and lovely message. The Seven Deadly Sins, one of Bosch's most celebrated paintings, was also one of my favorites from the moment I was first attracted to them. It's incredible that this most original master piece was among Bosch's earlier works (1475-1480). Regardless of its unique composition, I think this was for the most part the one painting that set the pace to all of his posterior works both in theme and execution.

Since I started this forum, I have tried to make it a regular norm of it to post links to other works by every one of the masters featured. Not always has this been easy; with this thread, for example, I had some trouble trying to find a link to The Last Judgement (complete with lateral wings, and not only the central panel), so I very much appreciate your mentioning it.

Hieronymus Bosch - The Last Judgement

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2009 3:54:09 PM

Dear John,

Thank you very much for coming by. You have been so kind to post. You will always be welcomed to this forum.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2009 4:48:45 PM

Dear Rajaram,

Thank you very much for showing up. You have been so kind in attending my invitation and posting. In a way yes, this is ancient Art and painting from a current perspective at least, if not strictly so in terms of Western history. It belongs to the beginning of what we in the West call the Modern Age, which if we disregard what is conventionally called the Contemporary Age, comes down to our days.

As you can see, Hieronymus Bosch used to paint scenes that depict in a highly symbolic way, but at the same time with a high degree of artistic quality, both the idyllic life of the Garden of Eden, or Heaven, and right opposite to it that which has been usually regarded by many as the torments of Hell but in my view represents our own times at their darkest. This he did in a number of his paintings and most particularly in the right panel of his Garden of Heavenly Delights, presented on this thread.

There is a lot that can be said about this typical aspect of his art, and I expect to be posting something about it on Jill's forum very soon.

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE NORTHERN RENAISSENCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
6/14/2009 6:55:50 PM
Hello Luis,

I too would like to thank Kathleen for getting you to bring your forum back in front of us.  This is beautiful paintings.  I have looked at them several times.  I too like the John the Baptist one, he looks so relaxed adn at peace.

/blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!