Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE NORTHERN RENAISSENCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
6/11/2009 10:17:05 PM

Dear Luis Miguel,

Thanks to Kathleen, who sent me the link to this amazing topic, I already have enjoyed all written here.

BUT I CAN`T SEE ANY PICTURES! My connection is to slow, and all what I see is  ... Can you imagine that? Also I do not see your faces! Sad, sad, sad thing!

Of course, I know enough about El Bosco to be able to write an essay without those chosen paintings ... but I am not inspired by this magic  .

And I never write anything, specially if is dedicated to my friends whom I love and appreciate as much as I love and appreciate you and Kathleen (oh, what to tell about Roger :) ?) , if I am not in a full touch with them.

Please, accept those my personal reasons to delay writing on the subject.

All of you, including Bosch, deserve only the message with my heart signature :) .

Thanks for your kind invite.

I would be back ASAP.

Also, I would promote this your master art.

Thank you very much for making our life here much more human and delightful.

God bless you!

Branka

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2009 5:48:33 AM

Hi All, Thank you, Luis Miguel!

Bosch is very interesting and different than other artists. I really liked The Seven Deadly Sins, thanks for posting all the links to other paintings! 

Thanks Luis for all you do in the community. Invite me again. LaNell 

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/12/2009 6:06:58 AM

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the invite, its always nice to see great works of art.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2009 8:18:11 AM

Dear Luis,

Thanks for your kind invitation. I have never seen all these and know only little about it. Thanks once again, for posting this and informing me. I shall go through thoroughly and get to know more about the valuable informations about our ancient people and their beliefs. Very interesting topic of work of ancient Art and painting. I am yet to see more....

Thanking you

Yours sincerely

S.K. RAJARAM

S.K. Rajaram
+0
6/12/2009 8:33:34 AM
Luis Miguel, thank you for this wonderful presentation of the works of Bosch.  Of all the artists of Surrealism, Bosch certainly was more detailed than any of them.  The Garden is frightening as it depicts Heaven &  H*ll, but you have to appreciate the fine details and to study it one would have to take small portions and enlarge them to focus on each scene.  As you have probably guessed by now, I never studied art in any formal setting but spent much time at library going through the books of art.  I have my favorites and appreciate the works of each one of them.

Several years ago I purchased a set of CD's featuring 4 phases of art with all the great masters, along with music.  You inspired me to insert one and the first one, 'Crisis in the Concept of Reality' features Bosch!!  It has the Garden and some closeups  of it.  What a coincidence!!

Thanks also Kathleen for prodding Luis to make this presentation.  We spend too little time appreciating the arts.  If our children were taught more cultural art than sports, we might have a better world.  Music, art, writings, poetry, and science!  Yes, science.  I was watching Alan Alda yesterday on Fox - he is sponsoring a foundation based on all of these.  I never knew he was accomplished in science and then took up acting. 

When I first came to Adland and saw all the possibilities in the community - I wanted very much to have a forum based on Art.  Of course, I learned right away that slot was taken.  However, I believe we should have more and more forums on art and works of art and exhibits.  Since Poetry was featured, we now have LOTS of poets with their own forums and I think it is great!!  Why can't we have lots of Art forums with people exhibiting their own works - like our very talented Luis Miguel.  It is wonderful that you are presenting the 'greats' but I think you are great and would love to see more of your work featured.

Never should I reply to a post this early in the morning, I write too much!!!

BEAUTIFUL, that is what I will say about the whole feature.  Thanks again, my friend.

Sara
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!