Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Little Story about MONEY!
5/18/2009 6:55:37 PM

Dear Friends,

I received this little story in French from a friend of mine... I thought it was an interesting view of the Reality of Money... So, I decided to translate it in English - as well as I could - to share it with you here... You can read it in French or in English, to your convenience!

I thought it was a Great Reflection!

----------------

Ça se passe dans un village qui vit du tourisme, sauf qu'à cause de la crise il n'y a plus de touristes. Tout le monde emprunte à tout le monde pour survivre. Plusieurs mois passent, misérables. Arrive enfin un touriste qui prend une chambre. Il la paie avec un billet de 100$. Le touriste n'est pas plutôt monté à sa chambre que l'hôtelier court porter le billet chez le boucher, à qui il doit justement cent dollars. Le boucher va aussitôt porter le même billet au paysan qui l'approvisionne en viande. Le paysan, à son tour, se dépêche d'aller payer sa dette à la pute à laquelle il doit quelques passes. La pute boucle la boucle en se rendant à l'hôtel pour rembourser l'hôtelier qu'elle ne payait plus quand elle prenait une chambre à l'heure. Comme elle dépose le billet de 100$ sur le comptoir, le touriste, qui venait dire à l'hôtelier qu'il n'aimait pas sa chambre et n'en voulait plus, ramasse son billet et disparaît.

Rien n'a été dépensé, ni gagné, ni perdu. N'empêche que plus personne dans le village n'a de dettes. N'est-ce pas ainsi qu'on est en train de résoudre - no sweat - la crise mondiale?

This story is happening in a small village living with tourism. But, now, with the actual world economic crisis, there are no tourists. Having no money coming in, everyone is borrowing from everyone in order to survive. Many months passed… Misery! One day, one tourist finally arrives and takes a room at the hotel. He pays with a 100$ bill. As soon as the tourist went up to his room, the hotel keeper runs to pay the butcher to whom he owes exactly 100 dollars. The butcher goes right then to pay, with the same 100$ bill, the farmer providing for his meat. The farmer, in his turn, runs to pay his due to the prostitute to whom he owes some services. And, then, the pro loops the loop in going to the hotel to reimburse for the hourly rates room that she did not pay. As she deposits the 100$ bill on the counter, the tourist, who was coming to tell the hotel keeper that he didn’t like the room and didn’t want it anymore, picks up his 100$ bill on the counter and disappears.

Nothing has been spent, nor won, nor lost… but, in the end, nobody in the village has debts anymore. Isn’t it how we are going about to solve – no sweat – the world crisis?

Abundance Angel

Original 24 x 24” Acrylic

Katherine Skaggs ©2005 

Blessings of Abundance!

Open to receive the blessings of abundance that are within your life! All is good and well and all you have to do is receive! Within you life the blessings of abundance in all ways. All you must do is focus your attention on your blessings and appreciate what you have. What you appreciate appreciates! 

The Abundance Angel is a reminder of the vast possibilities of creation in our lives. She sows the seeds of creativity and the light of new beginnings. She constantly sows her blessings upon us. All we have to do is RECEIVE

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A Little Story about MONEY!
5/18/2009 7:43:11 PM
Hello Alain,

Thanks for your forum.  I love the abundance Angel.  Especially this part,  speaks to me:

All you must do is focus your attention on your blessings and appreciate what you have. What you appreciate appreciates!

Being thankful is the 1st  step, then we can be a blessing to others.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 7:54:32 PM

Hello Dear Sweet Friend!

Did I tell you lately... You are a Blessing Myrna! Thank You!

YES! We attract what we focus upon... GRATITUDE is the Key!

Blessings,

Hugs

Alain

+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 8:07:00 PM
Hi Alain,

You have two very good points here:

What we appreciate appreciates!  So true!

YES! We attract what we focus upon... GRATITUDE is the Key!

Thanks for sharing, I hope you are having a super day!

Take care my friend,
Cheryl :-)

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 8:14:08 PM

Hello Cheryl!

So happy to see you here My Friend... Thank You for your visit and comment!

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,

Hugs

Alain

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!