Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR?
5/17/2009 1:06:14 PM

Luka,

If one day you wish to visit India as a volunteer I would be so very happy to help. You would have so much to give.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2009 1:10:19 PM

Thanks, Roger!

I have the link to UCP but this is mostly for USA I think, but there are some branches in Canada and Scotland. http://www.ucp.org

I know my sister was disappointed on the things she didn't get to do such as visiting a horseback-riding place, but she did get to quite a few fun events. 

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2009 1:20:30 PM

Kathleen,

I think that CP tends to be covered by SCOPE in the UK.

http://www.scope.org.uk/adventures/

I can't comment upon how successful their work is however.

Let us all pray that things will get better.

Roger

+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/17/2009 1:42:54 PM

Dear Sir Roger,

Unfortunately in my country we do not have even information about something great, as is possibility to serve the children in India.

Now I hope you`d understand my words correctly.

IN SERBIA there are so many hungry and children without parents. Not only Gypsies (a many kids lost the both parents during the recent wars here), but the Gypsy kids are so very much abused and they mostly live WITHOUT ANY HYGIENIC CONDITIONS . At the age of 3-4 they already are beggers, smokers and live at the street a day and night.

My DREAM IS TO MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THEIR LIFE. Don`t still know how would I gain this , but WHEN MAN HAS THE GOAL - IT SHOWS THE WAY TO MANIFEST IT ITSELF.

Gypsy`s bosses are their worst enemies. Serbs are generous and people who`s hospitality and compassion so seldom miss, so they (actually : we: ) would participate as much as is possible. But who makes decisions about the Gypsies are their Kings, who enslave them, and do with them WHATEVER THEY WANT.

Dear Sir, have you read V. Hugo`s "The Man Who Laughs" ?

He mentions in it the Spanish Gypsies ( 16th century) very skilled to deform human body in so many unbelievable ways.

Those masters still live today.

Do you know any world movement in Service to the Gypsies? Please, let me know if you have heard anything about it.

That is possibly very dangerous mission ( a few people who tried to improve Gypsy`s life were brutally killed) but I can`t live at peace being faced daily with their adversity and abuse.

Luka

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2009 8:43:30 PM

Hi Roger,

Boy, this forum has made me laugh and cry all at the same time.  (An personality trait my mother always said I was good at).  What wonderful posts so far.

Anyway..... WOW!  What an incredible topic and challenge to stretch our hearts and minds.  For some reason, I cannot stay on topic either, because what strikes me the most in my heart is our disabled veterans, many of them being homeless.  One of my sons is among the disabled from the Gulf War and this situation pulls at the center of my heart strings.

One of my biggest goals is to fund a facility to help these men and women heal their physical and emotional wounds.  Here is a web site that I have patterned my vision after, and I am going to give it GUSTO this week in cementing more of the foundation in place

“The Serenity Prayer”

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the  wisdom to know the difference.

PROGRAM  GOALS

1. To help homeless and/or dually diagnosed Veterans, some of which may have PTSD [Post Traumatic Stress Disorder] or serious mental illness, establish happy, productive lives.

2. To help this population understand and modify patterns of behavior improving relationship to themselves and changing self-conception for others.

3. To help develop a sense of positive self-images and to foster dependence upon personal strengths, rather than alcohol and street drugs.

4. To punctuate the seriousness of alcohol and/or drug dependence and to aid in solving or avoiding problems leading to the use of such substances.

5. In providing transitional facilities for chemically dependent adults with increasingly positive environments motivate clients toward self-sufficiency.  http://www.steppingstonesforvets.org/index.htm

All I can say is..... IT IS TIME FOR PEACE ON EARTH!!!!!

Hugs,  Jill
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!