Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: You Are Cordially Invited
4/7/2009 10:48:03 AM

Dear Judy:

I just commented on your blog and you are doing very very well.

What you might also want to remind your readers/commenters is that when they make a good, substantial comment and put in the link to their primary business, they are not only helping you, but they are also helping themselves with a very important linking strategy.  In effect it is a win win situation.

Good to see you active and moving forward....easier when you are talking about something you love.  Way to go!

Best Regards,

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: You Are Cordially Invited
4/7/2009 1:01:25 PM

Thank you so much, Diane!  I know how busy you are and really appreciate you taking time and out even leaving suggestions!!  I love it!!

Hope to see you at Blognet Awards soon - I seem to be catching up with some things and not others.

Hugs and blessings,

Judy

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: FEATHERS IN THE FOYER
4/10/2009 11:10:53 PM

Hi Judy,

I loved your Feathers story.

Even birds know a loving soft touch.

On behalf of your friends here and also from the birds,

Thank you for your kindness.

Roger

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: FEATHERS IN THE FOYER
4/11/2009 7:21:34 AM

Hi Roger,

So wonderful to see you and I am honored that you took time from your busy schedule to fly in and read my forum!!

Have a wonderful day and a blessed Easter and if you have time, check out the blog BIRD ESSENTTIALS BLOG

Hugs and blessings,

Judy

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
FEATHERS IN THE FOYER And.....
4/14/2009 6:27:54 PM

Hello Friends,

Purple_Finch_C4436.jpg picture by jnsmith_bucketIt was a very special and wonderful weekend - yes, a long one for me - and I pray you had a wonderful Easter as well.

I must share this with you, because I truly am still delighted and amazed at what happened here on Easter night. 

We had dinner guests, who after a good meal and lots of chatting and laughing decided to take their leave.  Bet you know already that we walked them to the front door.  I few left, and Bob's daughter and her husband lagged behind for a few minutes so we could concrete some plans we had made during dinner.

As we opened the front door to let them out, Momma Purple Finch from the nest on the door decided to be scared and turned around and headed straight into the house. 

At first I panicked, my heart was racing and I was afraid that she would abandon her eggs if something went wrong on getting her out of the house.  What transpired was utter chaos!  We were back and forth from the kitchen to the family room and back again for at least 15 minutes.  About then, I realized that she was more afraid than I possibly could be.  And, my little feathered friend was just plain tuckered out!

I am not quite sure what made me do this - call it the survival instinct - but I retrived a fly swatter from the pantry, and we chased our uninvited guest around for a few more minutes until she decided to just perch herself on the top rim of one of my window valances.  In sheer desperation, I quietly moved toward her with my fly swatter and calmly placed it under her feet. 

Momma finch just climbed right on board, and while 3 people kept saying "You'll never make it to the front door", and "She will be all over the living room and then upstairs next", my little passenger just hung right on her floppsy little perch and enjoyed the ride.  Slowly, slowly I moved across the family room and down the hall and finally arrived at the front door. I put her down and a couple of seconds later - off she flew into the dark of night.

I admit, I lost sleep wondering if she was OK.  And lo and behold, the next morning she was proudly perching on her eggs in the nest.  Wheww!

Oh what I would give to have the fun event on video!!  Had to share my exciting moments with you!!

Hugs and blessings,

Judy
BIRD ESSENTIALS BLOG

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!