Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What about Respect in Making a Difference?
2/26/2009 2:05:51 AM

Hi Alain, Roger and Kim!

Will be back in the afternoon. My nickname for years was DEBATE :) .... I worked hard to change it . But you gave me the points which must be discussed. Be back when come from school.

For now

Have a great day !

Luka
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/26/2009 1:33:04 PM
Well ok Luka...We'll be waiting....kim
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2009 8:33:26 AM
Hello Kim and Luka!

Thanks for visiting...

Dearest Kim,

I agree with you that we cannot respect others more than we respect ourselves and it always starts from there...

This is not easy task for parents to show respect to their growing kids - who possess in my opinion a wonderful wisdom of their own - and to try at the same time to show them some of the fundamentals of life...
this is quite a challenge indeed!

With Friendship and respect,
Blessings,
Alain

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2009 8:26:53 AM
Dear Alain,
Greetings!
I just came by to comment about what you said to Kim and I actually agree with it.  Its really not an easy task for parents when it comes to their children.

Agreed, agreed, agreed!

Regards,
Rinna
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/3/2009 11:35:43 AM

Ok you guys got me there!   Yes, it was very hard to show respect or to show anything but a psychotic mind to my daughter at 14 who admits today she was a monster!  Picked up by the cops, sneaking out of Gramma's at MN and leaving the darn door open, and what a meany to her younger sister let alone her mother!  You bet, I had her at the Psych's office!  Today she's a sweety and very close to me; we're great friends.

So now I have another 12 yr old girl who started with the "I know everything" defiant attitude, and I told her...I'm not going through this again sister!  ha ha.

Well guess what?  This child who I was foretold I would have and also told she would be special in some way, has been dramatically and abruptly changed during a revival here.  Now she hugs me!  Now she acts like a much older girl who has passed through this stage; she responds in kindness and is even nice to her little brother...very unusual!  Now she has read half of the cute teenage bible I got her once that she was too bored to even look at before...and she has read all the gospels....more than I could get done in 2 weeks!  Now she "hears" me!  Very different!

Conclusion:   Respect is a Virtue and Virtue ultimately comes from above; Remember it was virtue that Jesus felt go out of him when the woman with the issue of blood grabbed onto his garment?  Virtue then is power...power of Life, and so then Respect must be also.  Anyway, I am so happy, blessed today!                                                                     love kim

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!