Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: 2009 - Can we change the world? Can we make it a better place for all?
2/18/2009 12:25:49 AM

Hello Jean Marie,   I've seen you around but have not really met you.  Now I see by some of your words here and there...I like your heart and mind!  I like these thoughts you have proposed here, which cause us to "think" about what we might want to give and leave with people.  We do accomplish more if we have a vision right? 

I do automatically try to be an Encourager and to recognize when or where someone needs encouragement; it's just a thing I do that's in me.  I do love to be encouraged too when it happens; maybe we do or give things that we really like or need ourselves?  Just a thought.  This leads to another thought...we probably do give things that we like ourself and expect who we give to to be as excited as we would be if we were given the things we give!  ha ha! With this in mind, we can now "think" about what other people "really" need and want vs thinking they need and want what we need and want. 

So this leads to a question...What can people think of that they wish they would get more of from people?   What are people wanting or needing "really" today?  Any responses?   Could be an interesting discussion.

Kim

+0
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2009 6:01:18 AM

Hello Kim-

Thanks for posting in my forum.

You pose a thought-provoking set of questions.  I would like to see more involvement, more engagement, more attachment between people...  and less apathy.

How often I see people pass people, sometimes within inches, and not a word is spoken, no hello, no recognition that the other person is there... they often don't even look at each other.  It is so sad....

Wouldn't it be a grand place if random acts of kindness were the norm instead of random acts of violence?

I, for one, will continue my pursuit of making each day a bit better than the day before, of engaging with all of those who cross my path, and make each day a new opportunity to brighten the day for others.

Hugs,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2009 12:37:30 PM

JeanMarie.....I am with you in the effort!   We are often focused on business...which is natural and ok, but we can give and receive much more in the process.   Regarding your thoughts about how we pass by people without giving or receiving much....sometimes you know, I think that many people would like to give and receive more....from people....but need help opening the doors.  For example...when some of the forums come up that get alot of responses....people do seem to enjoy the interraction!  It's a matter of forums being created that inspire people....inspire their thoughts and responses.

Truly....I believe that we get the most of "Life" from people!  From Relationship...God made it this way....So yes, they key is to really open up to people and help people to also open us....but what subjects will accomplish that?

I sometimes think....there must be a "purpose."  In God, the purpose is "the heart of man." To meet the needs of heart....and people in their hearts....hold things that can encourage, answer, lift up...other people's hearts.....Often we all have hidden things that we just keep on back burners....if we can bring them out...then they are visible and if people look into their own hearts where love is....they can find answers and hope and help and ecnouragement to give....this is a Purpose!     Kim

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2009 3:59:49 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2009 5:17:50 PM

Hi Kim-

Thanks for being my firend!

I believe that when one has faced their own mortality, they grow a deeper appreciation for just how precious, and how short, life really is.

People may not remember what others say, or the actions others take, but they will certainly remember how another person made them "feel"....

Sometimes it is the smallest of things that mean the most...  a passing smile or hello....  a hug....  the sharing of a picture or photograph...  they cost nothing to give, but are absolutely priceless.

You are right when you say the we get the most of "Life" from people! 

One songster once sang "...people who need people are the luckiest people in the world...."

So, I say - Share the Joy....  the Joys of Life....  and let your heart sing.... (you may find a few who will sing along with you)!

Hugs,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!