Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Human Shields In Gaza
11/3/2013 2:54:13 PM

Hi Peter, when I read this article I thought you might enjoy it but then too, you probably already knew about this. :)

Israel’s Negev To Grow Potatoes For Italian Winter

The company’s statement adds that increased demand for produce from Russia and Eastern Europe have stretched thin the continent’s winter stores.
+1
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2013 4:37:47 PM
Hi Evelyn,

The truth of the matter is that I didn't know about this at all. What you might find interesting and is mentioned in passing in the article is that the Negev is desert like land and Israel due to its irrigation techniques (that have been marketed world wide including in Africa) has been growing a variety of crops in that region for many years.

In any case this is good news for our agricultural exports and for our economy.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Hi Peter, when I read this article I thought you might enjoy it but then too, you probably already knew about this. :)

Israel’s Negev To Grow Potatoes For Italian Winter

The company’s statement adds that increased demand for produce from Russia and Eastern Europe have stretched thin the continent’s winter stores.
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+1
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/8/2013 9:44:15 PM

Isn`t this something?!! Christians in Egypt protecting the praying Muslims ...that`s what the caption said. I hope the picture turns out.

Helen

http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp.uuuploads.com/powerful-photos/powerful-photos-6.jpg
Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+1
11/10/2013 3:25:17 PM

By Jspace Staff on 11/7/2013

Hebrew University Makes Holocaust Archives Available Online with New Site

The Hebrew University has launched an online archive to tell untold stories of the Holocaust.

The initiative comes on the eve of the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht, a massive pogrom many consider the outbreak of the Shoah.

The site is sponsored by Hebrew U’s Oral History Division, and makes accessible to the public some 900 voice recordings and transcripts previously unavailable. Many of the items were actually recorded in the 1930’s, making them some of the earliest Holocaust records in existence.

“These on-line testimonies are an outstanding contribution that will help spread knowledge and understanding of the Jews’ daily lives and their struggle to survive during the dark period of the Holocaust,” said Prof. Dalia Ofer, the Max and Rita Haber Prof. of Holocaust and Contemporary Jewry Emeritus at the Avraham Harman Institute of Contemporary Jewry.

“I feel gratitude for those who enabled the project, which will allow students to explore the great collection of this archive with ease and success. I recall extensively using the Oral History Division’s general collection in my own research from my first steps as a master student and throughout my work as a teacher and researcher.”

Dr. Sharon Kangisser Cohen, academic director of the Oral History Division, added: “The success of the Oral History Division in initiating and completing this project is due to the close collaborative work of different departments in the university. This project is essentially the product of the professionalism and dedication of members of staff at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

"The accessibility of a small section of our archive will only enhance research and writing of the Holocaust period and its aftermath, but also as we have already seen, it has been significant on the personal level as families are rediscovering their family's past as people have found interviews with their parents and grandparents, which they had never heard before. We also hope that our archive will be a helpful resource for teachers.”

The site officially went live today, while the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht will be commemorated on Sunday

+0
11/10/2013 4:00:13 PM
Hi Peter, I thought you would enjoy this article from the New York Times. :)

Holidays Holding Hands

When Thanksgiving and Hanukkah Collide

Liz Barclay for The New York Times
A version of this article appears in print on November 6, 2013, on page D1 of the New York edition with the headline: Holidays Holding Hands.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!