Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: DECEMER II - Christmas Traditions
12/17/2008 8:44:06 AM

Dearest Ani !

How wonderful job you have done here!

Would you believe how I was surprised now, finding that I know more about Romanian Christmas customs and tradition, than about Serbian!

You know there are many Romanians in Serbia, and some of them are my very close and dear friends, and thanks to them I already enjoyed Christmas days in Romanian way!

Having a chat once with Peter, I told him that Romania is still not enough explored jewel, and now I am even more sure in that.

Why do other nations leave their tradition - I don`t know. I am not a lover of tradition and my knowledge about Serbian tradition is on so low level. Maybe it`s the matter of luck of time ... but I don`t believe. Simply, it was never attractive to me and my opinion is that tradition makes a stuck points in the flow of time. Maybe in the Physics it is well pointed ... but man is not just a physical being.

WOW! You have really inspired me to dig and dive ... and I`ll do that.

Thanks Ani!

Love,

Branka

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2008 9:16:02 AM
MUDTRAP.COM Hello Geketa :-)

let me "ball" you back with .... SANTA CLAUS and a song of him :-)

MUDTRAP.COM

click! ;-)

Santa, with his white locks arrived from The Big Snow's Land bringing with him lots of presents to girls and boys! They are so happy to see him they would sing him lots of White Flowers and snow flacks just to keep him along for ever!

With friendship and Meshuganeh hugs,
Anamaria
MUDTRAP.COM
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2008 9:50:34 AM
Hello my very dear friend Branka :-)

Your presence here is such a joy for me!

TRADITIONS, hm - it is true no one should stuck into the past just for the sake of traditions! EVOLUTION is a must! Only thus people can improve their selves and go ahead, by learning and making things even better! ... BUT ... (oh how much I love this word LOL ...) TRADITIONS are in the meantime necessary as they are the roots of one nation and they show us where are we coming from and why we are different from others and why this world is beautiful in its diversity!

Most of our traditions I know only from tales and readings but ... (again) so very few of them experienced myself!?

Some of them lost their intrinsic meaning - due to beliefs still alive LOL - huh, EVOLUTION :-D , some were altered a lot by MARKETING and run for MONEY!
Hm, MONEY ... ?!? ... how much damage this one thing is able to do!? ... almost nothing is made just for the sake of joy, caring and sharing! ... well, this is about JOY so let's get back to some great music for your spirit and soul (let's let the Physical Being away) ...

MUDTRAP.COM

Title of the song: Oh, How Wonderful News ...
and ANDRA sings about the birth of Jesus to grow up for our salvation! On his birthday the sky was shining and the Angels were coming on pure rays to greet him and spread the news that in Bethlehem in a small place Messiah came.

Hope you'll like it and also you could see the meaning of this song :-)

Hugs to you, yours along

Merry Christmas,

coming from all my heart,
Anamaria
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2008 11:32:35 AM
My AnaMaria,

I must admit I did not understand a single word that was sung but  my heart felt warm and the music felt tender it too brought me a big warm  smile.

I believe  music has a magical  language all it's own, you don't have to always understand the words to feel the meanings.

Meshugeneh Hugs and Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2008 12:18:21 PM
My very dear one Geketa :-(

MUDTRAP.COM
I understand so well your need of knowing more languages?! I know 3 quite well and one more a bit thou its not enough LOL!

... this is why I do my best to post under each video (song) what the lyrics are about as I'm not able to do the entire translation?! ...

... but I'm happy you've got through the feelings: they are all so soft, peaceful and warm and finally even jolly!

MUDTRAP.COM

click :-)

Year after year, I (the caroler) arrive to your window with the same old Santa Claus; no matter if outside is frosty or the sky is gloomy, the weather is bad the roads are heavy, this is an old and wonderful custom. Its celebration and play time even tho there still are homes without fire and warm, and tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Today I sing this Holly coral, along my parents and we all can say the same thing as Santa was old in their times too.
Be happy and jolly its Christmas time but never forget thou to be good and kind with the less fortunate.

Hm, these are what the lirycs are about. Hope its understandable :-)
MUDTRAP.COM

Hugs,
Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!