Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hemp Plant, many great uses before it was misused and illegal renamed marijuana
12/11/2008 1:07:39 PM
When i was younger and more foolish that i am now LOL i used to call them "Numbers" as in Joints.  Yeah its too bad about the way the earth is being used by human error. God_bless you Amanda , enjoy your day!!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hemp Plant, many great uses before it was misused and illegal renamed marijuana
12/11/2008 1:14:23 PM
Hello Sara,
Thank you for your imput and photo, however I think your photo is a narcotic marijuana plant as I see the website is from 
Amsterdam, Holland whereby marijuana is legal over there in their Cannabis Cafes.

Are you saying that owners before you grew this narcotic marijuana?
or you have the Cannabis Sativa (Industrial Hemp Plant)? but the police are misinformed and confused by the two varieties of Hemp?

It sounds like and very possible from the article that started this
thread - the majority of the population (me included) have swallowed, hook, line and sinker the lies first publicized back in 1930 that the Hemp Plant and Marijuana Cannabis are one and the same thing and to be destroyed which eradicated a huge American Industry for the sake of the Paper Mills.

Here is another article I found on the web.

The Amazing Hemp Plant  (Cannabis sativa L.)

by Karen Railey
http://chetday.com/hemp.html

The hemp plant is not only one of the oldest cultivated plants, it is also one of the most versatile, valuable, and controversial plants known to man. The industrial hemp plant has a long history, which has proven its innate worth and its stalks and seeds can serve as raw material for an exciting array of many diverse products. The plant’s Latin name actually means "useful hemp," and it definitely measures up to its name!

WHAT IS CANNABIS SATIVA?

The industrial hemp plant, Cannabis sativa, should not be confused with the marijuana plant, which is its cousin. The appearance, planting patterns, and uses     of the two plants are quite different.

Cannabis sativa is an annual belonging to the nettle family. It grows from 5 to 15 feet in height with rich dark-green leaves composed of 5 to 9 serrated, narrow, tapering leaflets that are pointed at the end and measure 2 to 5 inches in length and approximately one-sixth as wide. Hemp is tall, thin plant with most of its leaves concentrated at the top. The plants are planted only inches apart: 900 plants to the square yard. The staminate, or pollen-bearing flowers, and the pistillate or seed-producing flowers are on separate plants.

In contrast to the commercial hemp plant, the marijuana plant is quite dense, leafier, shorter, bushier, and is planted yards apart.

Cannabis sativa will grow almost anywhere, requires little fertilizer, resists pests and crowds out weeds, therefore it is a crop that is relatively easy to grow and does well as an organic crop. The plant grows quickly, requiring only 70 to 110 days to maturity. Due to this fact, industrial hemp is an abundant supplier of its extremely valuable raw materials.

Cannabis Sativa Female Plant  - (The Industrial Hemp Plant)

+0
12/11/2008 1:22:04 PM

You know, Amanda, you may be right because the plants I have seen around here look more like the one you posted.  Maybe they can't get the 'real' thing.  I have no idea but I do know the authorities will take these for the illegal thing any day of the week.  So to be safe, we destroy anything that looks like it, don't want to get involved with the legals.

You have done a lot of research on the subject and I remember how hemp was used in many ways, mainly rope making.  In school we learned of the strength of hemp fiber.

This one, friend, I leave to you.  I had a hibiscus once that grew really tall right by my door and everyone wanted to know how I got away with growing MJ!!  Don't think that has a beautiful red bloom.

Peace and Hugs,

Sara

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/11/2008 2:00:11 PM
Now Tom my dear,  we are discussing the Industrial Hemp Plant.

However, misinformed people have believed the lies being
bandied about by the media fed from a few 'high powered'
sources that what Hemp was used in a great number of different resources and an innocent and harmless Plant almost overnight becomes this plant from Hell which is a
narcotic, drugs everyone and causes accidents, breaks up families etc etc.

Because of media misinformation fed to the public and causing
wide spread mass panic.  Hemp became the bad plant that had
been good for generations was now declared illegal and removed
from the market that could have brought the States and other
countries out of the Depression Years and into better times
because it had the capacity of being a Billion Dollar Business
due to its many uses and friendly to the soil.

Amanda
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/11/2008 2:15:33 PM
Sara, I reckon you nailed it on its head when you say  "the authorities will take these for the illegal thing any day of the week."

The majority of the population have been misinformed about this
great Hemp Industrial Plant and the great uses it has and confused
it from 'slander sources' that it is the same plant as the narcotic.

The bible does make mention of hemp usage - To me, it would
be like taking the Olive Tree away and honey etc that Jesus spoke of and replacing it with something else.  They just don't work and I reckon these trees, natural products of honey etc were written in
the bible for their uses and maybe we should be getting back to basics of these humble produces again - however the great 'green giant' (Dollar) has precedence over natural produces because if
the people who produce synthetic products they can take out a Patent and generate millions of dollars from sales, whereby natural produce from the soil cannot be patented and there is no money generated other than sales of produce to the markets.

Amanda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!