Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hemp Plant, many great uses before it was misused and illegal renamed marijuana
12/11/2008 8:04:15 AM
Hi Kathy,

James has pointed out to me that we have some Hemp plants
growing too.  As I am not particularly familar with Hemp or Marijuana plants (other than I have heard Marijuana looks closely like a tomato plant) These Hemp plants do not like like a tomato plant to me!

I can't say that I have seen them seed, but will look up on the web and see if I can find some photos of them when they are seeding.  Maybe the seeds will help me maintain my weight too!

*lol* I hear you.  I do that too, get distracted reading another article, and another from the original website I was given and before I know 
it half the day has gone and I have not finished what I set out to do!  *grin*

Amanda
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hemp Plant, many great uses before it was misused and illegal renamed marijuana
12/11/2008 8:19:39 AM
Hello Nick,

*lol*  you seem to have a whole parcel of graphics to suit just the
right occasion!
Thanks for sharing your humour with us.

Amanda

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/11/2008 11:50:31 AM
Just so you'll know too Amanda, Hemp is an extract from the Mary-jane plant we all know of and it has nothing to do with the plant itself only an imbecile would try to smoke it, and another fact is that it is legal in some parts of Canada to sell and refurbish this hemp for manufacturing purposes.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
12/11/2008 12:06:13 PM

Amanda, found these pictures here:

http://www.cannabis-pictures.com/female-cannabis-plant.htm

The one above is a female cannabis plant.

They were growing on this place also.  I didn't see any last year but didn't go looking either.  I think some people who lived here before us would flush them before they were searched or something.  The seeds went straight to the field lines and we had some pretty healthy stalks!!  The Sheriff's deputies used to come gather them until we had a new sheriff elected and he knows us well.  After having to come back one year and wade around in some stinky mud to finish getting them all - they have not been back!!

Some interesting stories here.  Thanks for sharing,

Sara

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/11/2008 12:58:34 PM
Hi Tom,

Mary-Jane plant being a 'common' or slang name for
the narcotic marijuana which came from an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana'.  Which is cousin plant of Cannabis sativa Industrial Hemp Plant.

The name
marijuana given to this innocent and very diverse Hemp Plant was deliberately fed to the public back in the 1930s because
it was in direct competition to Hearst Paper Mill and
William Randolph Hearst could not have that he would loose money or even worse, paper as we know and use it today.

One prominent business owner
William Randolph Hearst caused through skulduggery to incite the public into believing Industrial Hemp was a dangerous drug!
This is damage that media can publicize and change the course..
"Hemp, if not made illegal, would have brought America out of the Great Depression."

There are prominant people who do not want their country to come out of poverty, wars, shortages etc because they make money from the misery of others..

(I have recopied the history article below)

...hemp, this new crop can add immeasurably to American agriculture and industry.'

In the 1930s, innovations in farm machinery would have caused an industrial revolution when applied to hemp. This single resource could have created millions of new jobs generating thousands of quality products. Hemp, if not made illegal, would have brought America out of the Great Depression.

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal.  Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

THE TRICKS

Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons.  Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises.  For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go.  These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

MEDIA MANIPULATION

A media blitz of "yellow journalism" raged in the late 1920s and 1930s.  Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines.  Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Examine the following quotes from 'The Burning Question' aka REEFER MADNESS:
*a violent narcotic.
*acts of shocking violence.
*incurable insanity.
*soul-destroying effects.
*under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an axe.
*more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!

Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.

In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He insured that the bill would pass Congress.

Dr. James Woodward, a physician and attorney, testified too late on behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason the AMA had not denounced the Marihuana Tax Law sooner was that the Association had just discovered that marihuana was/is hemp.

Few people, at the time, realized that the deadly menace they had been reading about on Hearst's front pages was in fact passive hemp.  The AMA understood hemp to be a MEDICINE found in numerous healing products sold over the last hundred years.

In September of 1937, hemp became illegal. The most useful crop known became a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.

Congress banned hemp because it was said to be the most violence-causing drug known.  Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.

Today, our planet is in desperate trouble. Earth is suffocating as large tracts of rain forests disappear. Pollution, poisons and chemicals are killing people. These great problems could be reversed if we industrialized hemp. Natural biomass could provide all of the planet's energy needs that are currently supplied by fossil fuels. We have consumed 80% of our oil and gas reserves. We need a renewable resource.. Hemp could be the solution to soaring gas prices.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!