Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
How Can I Make A Difference?
1/21/2009 10:36:17 AM

We often think that we need to do huge things in order to Make A Difference, and we often feel helpless or powerless in achieving such big actions. What if there was no need for Big here? Could just a simple word, smile, handshake or hug have such a Huge Impact in People’s Life?

I want to start here by sharing with You this outstanding movie titled “The Make A Difference Movie”. I hope you enjoy as much as I do… and, it will most certainly provide food for thoughts and inspiration to this new forum.

The Make A Difference Movie

With Friendship,
Alain

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: How Can I Make A Difference?
1/21/2009 11:18:33 AM

Don't miss watching this movie people!  Do have something available to wipe your eyes with though; maybe a large towel!  Not until we watch this short little movie can we answer this question of, "How can I Make a Difference?"

Now my answer is...the best thing we can do is be Alert, Sensitive, Watchful, for hurting people whose hurt may be showing itself in various ways, such as anger, withdrawl, antagonism, disorder, and on and on....
We respond much too quickly to things we see in people!  Without knowing "Why" and "What" has caused them to be: angry, bitter, malicious, unfriendly, etc...

Who here can recall a time in life when "You' displayed some of these characteristics, but deep down you knew your had some real hurt going on?  Nobody could see it or tried to, yet inside you were crying out, wishing someone would "know" the pain you were in?  I can certainly remember times like these, and when people responded to me according to the ugly things I was displaying outwardly, I only sunk deeper into pain and also into hating myself.

Oh boy, God give us "eyes" to "See" beyond the exteriors of people into their hearts and give us a sense to "know" what they feel and needs.  Then give us anointing and ways to reach into these people and help bring them out of their prisons.

Watch the Movie, and don't forget your towel!      Love Kim

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2009 11:44:15 AM
Hi Kim,

This is a great movie indeed and so true...

And, also what you shared with us... how to know what is really going on inside of the person besides me? We all learned the automatic question "How are you doing" and the automatic response that goes with it... "Fine, Just fine, Great, Amazing" and, in this we all lost ourselves... we have no clue of what is still going on inside...

Like you mention, we need to be cautious before answering or acting... we need to move back a little and try to understand what might be causing this person to react in such a way. Like Roger mentioned already in LaNell's forum about friendship...
and I encourage you to participate in this forum as well, here... there is very few really bad people out there. So, just take some time can prevent us to feel sorry afterward very often...

Thanks My friend,
Alain
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2009 6:23:34 PM
Dear Friends!

From the movie, we learned how important it is to be LISTENING to not only what is being expressed by words and actions but also LISTENING to what lies behind and is not being expressed. This is not always easy task but if we take time to feel inside of us, the answer might very well come up quite clearly very often...

We also need to be present - a PRESENCE that can be acknowledged, appreciated and supportive for anyone... No need to be in trouble here... We really appreciate the PRESENCE of a Friend to Congratulate us for something good we did, to Support us in a new challenge that we decided to take, to party on our Birthday as well as in any other situations like disease, mortality, business difficulties... just to name a few!

For me, it is clear that I can Make A Difference by LISTENING and BEING PRESENT for anyone and especially all of My Friends.  This is why I want this Forum to become a SUPPORT GROUP for anyone who would like to be supported in any way...

I started already by being Supportive of the new POTW Team - being Kathleen and Thomas as well as all of their activities like the POTW Contest.

I also want to invite you to start a new thread here for yourself or all of your friends for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Winners, Contests, Disease, Mortality, etc...

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

With Friendship,
Alain

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2009 7:34:53 PM
Hi Alain,

I wonder why I am not getting your forums. 

I just watch the Make a Difference.  I had read part of this story before, and have always cried, and I cried again.

It is all about love, isn't it.  Love is are only answer to everything in life.

So glad I have found this, and I hope I will receive your forums now.  If I don't answer you, you will know I am not getting them. I enjoy your tougths and ideas very much.
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!