Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How Can I Make A Difference?
1/26/2009 1:46:04 AM

Hello Alain and all,

I just watched this great video. It really said it all.

My life can be considered just as making a difference by a big passion.

Thanks for sharing it. Also thanks to Myrna and Kim for their nice stories and reflection upon the subject. Your responses to them are great!

Wish to all to have a great week ahead!

Branka

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 10:43:12 AM
This is definitely a 'do over' - no matter when it comes to you it is a very special message.
Sending you a smile.
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 10:50:08 AM
I had to come back to say Bless you Myrna! I worked for a short time at a senior recreation center in Santa Monica Ca - many of the seniors came to play card games and oh how some of them could dance on Monday dance day when the band came.
I will always remember Pearl. She had been crying for at least 20 years over the loss of her dear husband.
Well Pearl did not want help with her 'problem' and she and some of the others were happy just to have someone sit with them for a few minutes to break the monotony of their thoughts.
So I applaud you for talking with him. I don't think you need to do more, just wait for the light to start coming on in his face when he sees you coming.
Then he will start to notice the days and the times when you are expected.

Come back and let us know how he is doing, his name and be sure to let him know that people out here care about him.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 1:50:00 PM
Hi Alain,

I need to clean something up here.  I was visiting the gentlemen in the hospital and found out he was from the nursing home.  He still needs some attention, which I plan on talking to the chaplain from the home to see what we can do.  I am going to the hospital tomorrow and will find out if he has been taken back to the home.  I talked to my chaplain and my pastor, so I will keep you informed about the man. 

I do appreciate the wonderful response and caring that I have received from you wonderful friends here at ALP.  Just consider I am giving you all a big, big hug of gratitude.

God Bless you all, because He has blessed me with your caring.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 2:41:29 PM
Hello Alain and friends,

I very much enjoy the subject that you have chosen! 

I like to answer these questions with simple quotes.  They help me more so than long explanations sometimes.  I hope this one adds to our thoughts...

There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.
~W. Clement Stone

I will definitely be back to see what more wisdom arrives to your forum!

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!