Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: USA - ELECTION DAY - Prometheus Fire and Pandora's Box
11/4/2008 1:13:01 PM
Hello Eugene!

The Bible is a good tool for advise to those who are able to understand it and decipher or decode the messages.

Sometimes the Bible is not enough therefore God gave us also a brain, logic and feelings to use, to think, to judge and take decisions. In Greek we have a saying listen to see. Using our brain sometimes we get the image of what we understand. That is Gods Work and that is what I mean with universal laws. God did not just create man he gave him also the codes. That is the fire that Prometheus stole from heaven and making bad use of these tools we open Pandora's Box. The ancient Greeks were fantastic.

Regards,
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Andy Malcolm

15 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/4/2008 2:04:47 PM

Georgios,

With all due respect, I disagree with your statements about the Bible.  I do not find it hard to understand nor do I find any messages to decode.  The problem is, no one puts what the Bible says into action.

In my opinion, a leader is a person involved in a process of influencing and developing others in order to accomplish God’s purpose, in God’s way, and in God’s power.

Simply put… Leadership = Influence.  If you’re a parent, your success as a parent is determined by your ability to influence your children in a positive way.  If you’re a teacher your success depends on your ability to influence your pupils.  If you’re a coach, a manager at work, if you’re a friend, a colleague, if you connect with people in any way, you are an influencer.    

Of course the greatest influencer and leader of all time is Jesus Christ.  One definition of leadership says, “It is the ability of a leader to affect human behavior so as to accomplish a mission.”  Well, if that’s it then Jesus is clearly the greatest leader of all time.  I remember at the turn of the new millennium, TIME magazine ran a cover article that was not the “Person of the Year” or the decade, or even the century, but the person of the millennium. 

Guess who it was? 

Jesus. 

I remember thinking, yea and the millennium before that as well!  Jesus remains the greatest influencer of lives in our day- and He always will be.  And He leads in a way that no one will ever match. 

I’ve been, for years, studying the leadership of Jesus- and trying to emulate it in my life as a husband, as a father, and a friend.  I have been led to the Beatitudes as a model for leadership and influence in our day.

Read the Beatitudes- Matthew 5 and see if the traits Jesus offers there describe your life or the lives of our leaders.  I’m finding in the Beatitudes something I’ve never seen before: I believe that in the Beatitudes we find the ingredients necessary for leadership in our world today (and it has been an amazing journey for me thus far). 

The BIG idea in this: In the Beatitudes Jesus describes what it is to be a person of influence.

Now, if only our global leaders would embrace these ideas....

Wishing all the best to you and yours,

Andy

ItsYourNet...Profit By It!
http://todayswifi.net
Now you can accept money from people with no credit cards or bank accounts.
http://MobileCashRetailer.com
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/4/2008 2:43:18 PM
Hello Andy!

Thank you for giving time to reply in this political discussion in relation to religion. I respect your opinion, your faith and believes. I will not comment here my religious opinion but I will give a reply only in one point!

You wrote:
In my opinion, a leader is a person involved in a process of influencing and developing others in order to accomplish God’s purpose, in God’s way, and in God’s power.

I will say this first: I would be harmonic, wise and respected if our leaders acted in the name of GOD. Things are not so simple.

I relate your above statement with George Bush, the global leader, an American President. It seems that his God was different from my God, your God and the God of Iraq (from the ancient town Uruk) from whose he and many of us are descendants from. In the name of GOD Mr. Bush made a HELL in Iraq and the whole country turned to flames and still bleeding today. Were the Iraqi people sinners who had to pay for their sins? If so then his God was not fair.

No it isn't so.

The war of Iraq was made for two things a) control of oil resources, and b) to destroy maybe the oldest historical evidence of what may be GOD. Remember that both Eden and the Patriarchs (Abraham, Isaak, Jacob [IsRaEl]) are in and from Iraq in our biblical version.

Blessed be. God knows what he is doing. we don't!
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Andy Malcolm

15 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/4/2008 2:54:39 PM

Thanks for your input, Georgios.  And yes, I agree with you, things are not that simple.

Nevertheless, I do have something to add for people wanting to follow the USA election results.  The following is the best online source I have found for predictions, widgets, videos, etc.

Election Results 2008:  Vote Returns, Electoral College count (Widgets, video).

Enjoy,

Andy

ItsYourNet...Profit By It!
http://todayswifi.net
Now you can accept money from people with no credit cards or bank accounts.
http://MobileCashRetailer.com
+0
11/4/2008 2:59:07 PM

Georgios,

You provoke good discussions and I know you like to mess with the mind which is a good thing. Like a seed everything starts with the mind. Rom. 12-1&2.  

Please continue to provoke good discussion let's make the next one one alternative investment of our 401(k), 403(b),IRA, Roth and other such vehicles that is currently under preforming. OK

Blessing

Eugene 

Eugene Carter
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!